New Life about to Begin

Rock62

Well, its been a week filled with many hurdles to complete my move.

Beginning Thursday, June 29.
Loaded 16' moving van from Penske and a car hauler trailer. The Tacoma rode on the car hauler, my furniture and '81 Honda rode in the box, me and my mini-schnauzer rode in the cab.
Left on June 30 at 4 am to meet the utility people for water and nat gas turn on in the afternoon. Unfortunately, Murphy was a silent passenger. Just onto the KS toll road I had a flat after crossing thru a destruction zone. Called Penske to rescue me. 2 hours later rolling again. I arrive at my new home at 2:30 pm, later to find out the utility folks had already visited. :confused: The next 3 days without water or natural gas. Met the landlord, turns out he thought I was arriving on the 10th. The refrigerator was on order to be delivered on the 7th. :confused: The landlord did all he could by loaning me a dorm size frig and purchasing 10 gallons of water. I spend the remainder of the day unloading.

Saturday and Sunday were used to unpack, settle in, hunt supplies like groceries and food

Monday I call the Water utility to reschedule the turn on. After a 40 minute conversation, I find out the meter was read on Friday. I asked if I could turn on the main supply. Received details to identify my meter and opened the valve myself. Turns out I didn't need to manage 3 days without water. I was purging the air from the water lines and discovered I had HOT water....hmmmm....I guess the Natural Gas is on. Next task was to call for internet/TV service. What a cluster F.

Tuesday watched the neighbors light fireworks while sitting on the tailgate of my truck. Well......they managed to lose control launching one that bounced off my shoulder then landed in the truck bed. A disagreeable exchange happened. All the while the neighbor was blaming me and calling be all sorts of names. I hate idiots.

Wednesday the internet equipment arrives with the Self-Install. Care to guess how that went. After 90 minutes of trying I called online service. Another hour, my patience was spent. I insisted on a Service Technician to come solve the problem. They carrier wanted $100 for this. :rolleyes: I asked a question, "Why should I pay to get your equipment that I rented working?" After a few more minutes, they waived the fee.

Tech arrives on Thursday, 60 minutes beyond the scheduled 4 hour window. Turns out there was some connection issues and the hardware needed to run updates. All actions beyond the Self-Install.

Today, Friday, I'm cooling my heels waiting on the delivery of the refrigerator.

The other event on Wednesday was a trip to visit the Emergency Vet. Turns out this area has a grass seed with 1 direction barbs. My dog had a puncture wound on a weight bearing pad that was becoming inflamed and infected. He underwent surgery to remove the grass awn, clean the wound and empty my wallet. Cost $450

All in all its been a challenging week. Looking forward to a new job and beginning a new life. Things are settling down.

Thanks for the vent..........

Well, its been a week filled with many hurdles to complete my move.

Beginning Thursday, June 29.
Loaded 16' moving van from Penske and a car hauler trailer. The Tacoma rode on the car hauler, my furniture and '81 Honda rode in the box, me and my mini-schnauzer rode in the cab.
Left on June 30 at 4 am to meet the utility people for water and nat gas turn on in the afternoon. Unfortunately, Murphy was a silent passenger. Just onto the KS toll road I had a flat after crossing thru a destruction zone. Called Penske to rescue me. 2 hours later rolling again. I arrive at my new home at 2:30 pm, later to find out the utility folks had already visited. :confused: The next 3 days without water or natural gas. Met the landlord, turns out he thought I was arriving on the 10th. The refrigerator was on order to be delivered on the 7th. :confused: The landlord did all he could by loaning me a dorm size frig and purchasing 10 gallons of water. I spend the remainder of the day unloading.

Saturday and Sunday were used to unpack, settle in, hunt supplies like groceries and food

Monday I call the Water utility to reschedule the turn on. After a 40 minute conversation, I find out the meter was read on Friday. I asked if I could turn on the main supply. Received details to identify my meter and opened the valve myself. Turns out I didn't need to manage 3 days without water. I was purging the air from the water lines and discovered I had HOT water....hmmmm....I guess the Natural Gas is on. Next task was to call for internet/TV service. What a cluster F.

Tuesday watched the neighbors light fireworks while sitting on the tailgate of my truck. Well......they managed to lose control launching one that bounced off my shoulder then landed in the truck bed. A disagreeable exchange happened. All the while the neighbor was blaming me and calling be all sorts of names. I hate idiots.

Wednesday the internet equipment arrives with the Self-Install. Care to guess how that went. After 90 minutes of trying I called online service. Another hour, my patience was spent. I insisted on a Service Technician to come solve the problem. They carrier wanted $100 for this. :rolleyes: I asked a question, "Why should I pay to get your equipment that I rented working?" After a few more minutes, they waived the fee.

Tech arrives on Thursday, 60 minutes beyond the scheduled 4 hour window. Turns out there was some connection issues and the hardware needed to run updates. All actions beyond the Self-Install.

Today, Friday, I'm cooling my heels waiting on the delivery of the refrigerator.

The other event on Wednesday was a trip to visit the Emergency Vet. Turns out this area has a grass seed with 1 direction barbs. My dog had a puncture wound on a weight bearing pad that was becoming inflamed and infected. He underwent surgery to remove the grass awn, clean the wound and empty my wallet. Cost $450

All in all its been a challenging week. Looking forward to a new job and beginning a new life. Things are settling down.

Thanks for the vent..........
You make progress every single day. It might not always feel like it, but you are getting closer to your goals with every step you take. Everything will workout for your highest good. Continued success!!

What more could I add, but tell your dog its got company. Last week I dropped at least a 50 lb cement block on my right foots big toe. Sill hurts like hell, I probably broke the toe, or worse, as most of my foot is badly swollen, and black, and blue. I'm thinking about a trip to the vet too, if it doesn't get any better.

What more could I add, but tell your dog its got company. Last week I dropped at least a 50 lb cement block on my right foots big toe. Sill hurts like hell, I probably broke the toe, or worse, as most of my foot is badly swollen, and black, and blue. I'm thinking about a trip to the vet too, if it doesn't get any better.
Horrible to hear. Why do we need toes? Get well soon.

Horrible to hear. Why do we need toes? Get well soon.
I've been chewing on Advils like M&M's, while hopping around. I can tolerate pain to a point, but this is the same leg/ankle, and foot I had 4 surgeries on back in the day from a hare scrambles crash in ny. I already have enough metal in there, they rebuilt the leg/foot with. Feels like someone currently pounding spikes through my foot. I'd like to saw off the toe, but I thinks it's more. I swear all our nerves are in our extremities.

blood clot in the toe?
has it turnt black yet
No, it's still really swollen, and badly bruised where I dropped the cement block on it. I look stupid hobbling around with one good foot, and the other wearing a slipper. At any rate took 2 more anvil an hr ago.
Dryer just went off...cloths are dried. Back to more hobbling. Suck having a flat tire.

Hmmm......tacojoel, that sounds fairly serious.

Suggest a visit to the ER. Prolly need x-rays. You don't want a blood clot breaking loose to find its way to a very serious part. You don't want to be looking at daisies from the bottom.

Hmmm......tacojoel, that sounds fairly serious.

Suggest a visit to the ER. Prolly need x-rays. You don't want a blood clot breaking loose to find its way to a very serious part. You don't want to be looking at daisies from the bottom.
I'm going to give it another day or so, if it's not any better. I'm thinking I broke a bone or 3, as I can feel pieces that are moving around. Idk what they can do for broken toe bones, other than call a toe truck.
At any rate, heard someone pounding on my front porch door, which i wasn't in a good mood getting there to begin with, only to find out who, and what they wanted. Turned out to be some illegal looking young adult with a can of bug spray, saying in broken english how he could rid my home of pests like ants, and other bugs. He pointed to a black ant on my cement porch floor, then a wasp flew on my screen door while talking with him. I told them they're my friends, don't kill them as I took my hand, and shoved the wasp away nearly hitting him. He jumped back, shouting at me ....you're a crazy old man. I held my tongue, as I almost told him to get the ''beep'' off my lawn before I have you deported.

What was the causation for dropping this big heavy block on toe

What was the causation for dropping this big heavy block on toe
Long story. There was a small leftover stack of these blocks in the rear corner of my yard from a job years ago. I had a neighbor that wanted them, so we began putting them in my truck to take over to his home. While struggling with two at a time, one of them slipped off, and it fell straight on my foot. The rest you know. At least the pain is a bit less this morning. I think I finally got a full hr. of sleep

worse than hit in the eyeball??
I got once tagged in the eye with an old fashion bottle opener back in the day. Too many beers that day that got the best us. I had to wear an eye patch for a week. I'll bet these young squids today never saw one them openers used on a bottle of brew, yet saw those type bottles.

Assuming it is broken....there are fixes depending on the break. Could be pins or a simple set with weeks in a cast and on crutches.

Only way to know is by a diagnosis by a Dr. and x-rays.

If they do a Cat scan, be sure to insist on a Tabby and not a Siamese. Just can't trust that foreign sourced stuff.

worse than hit in the eyeball??
Yeah. And I know. Got hit in my left eye when I was 16, with a bottle rocket that fired from the bottom and side. It made an arc right back to me. Effectively ended my Air Force career, as Sen Sam Nunn had already appointed me to the Air Force Academy during my junior year of high school BEFORE my Senior year. Scored Top 1% on ASVAB my sophomore year, and 1502 out of 1600 on SAT (perfect math score of 800, was never too great with language arts) beginning of my junior year.

I've busted toes in the past...all they can do for you is tape the busted toe to the other good one....take some tylenol, and try as little as possible to walk on it. I think the bone, or bones below the big, and 2nd toe in the foot itself might be fractured, or broken. Thats hurting the most right now.

Assuming it is broken....there are fixes depending on the break. Could be pins or a simple set with weeks in a cast and on crutches.

If they do a Cat scan, be sure to insist on a Tabby and not a Siamese. Just can't trust that foreign sourced stuff.
As long as you don't get my Tabby, she is temperamental!!!

Btw they did a cat scan when I suffered a stroke some years ago, and sent me home saying they saw nothing. My wife drove me to a bigger hospital where they did an mri. within 40 minutes I was admitted to intensive care with a stroke.

Back