New member from Ohio

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by vgerardi, Aug 16, 2013.

1. vgerardi

vgerardi Member

Howdy, just signed up today to do some research. I am looking to trade in a 2013 Jeep Wrangler on a late model Tacoma. I have had 3 Wranglers, and have been active on the Jeep forums for years. I am growing out of the trails and the Jeep. I moved to the country recently and find myself in need of a truck more often than not. I have always wanted a Tacoma! This weekend I'll start stripping my Jeep mods to bring it back to stock. I'll be doing a lot of reading and researching on here before I take the plunge!

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. KennyF

KennyF Well-Known Member

Welcome from Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania.

4. TacoJoe11

TacoJoe11 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! Transitions can be tough, but you'll be making the right choice in choosing a tacoma. Are you looking for a Dbl cab or single?

5. OP
    vgerardi

vgerardi Member

Actually, I like the access cab the most. I only live with my wife so I don't need the 4 doors but like the extra room in the access cab.

6. TacoJoe11

TacoJoe11 Well-Known Member

Nice! A coworker of mine has an 06 access cab and there's lots of storage space in the back. Even if you had to have an extra passenger, there's more than enough room to squeeze a body or two back there.

7. OP
    vgerardi

vgerardi Member

Well I made a little progress this past weekend. I got my aftermarket bumper and winch off of the Jeep and put the factory bumper back on. One step closer to stock so I can prep it for trade in.

I think I shot myself in the foot because I have become obsessed with the color Pyrite Mica. Now my taco has to be that color!! Hope I can find one.

8. OP
    vgerardi

vgerardi Member

No luck finding pyrite mica so I decided on black. Signed papers today for a 2013 Tacoma reg cab 4x4 manual. Dealer had to get it from another dealer so I should get to pick it up on Tuesday. Also bought a set of take off SR5 alloys for $200 from the dealer, excited!

9. OP
    vgerardi

vgerardi Member

Forgot to mention that I decided on regular cab because after seeing the access cab up close, it was just a little bit more truck than I wanted.

10. Silver Streak

Silver Streak King of the hill :~)

Post pics when you get time.

Happy trials...:shifty:

11. OP
    vgerardi

vgerardi Member

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1378342626.325618.jpg

Trying to upload a photo from the phone, fingers crossed.

12. OP
    vgerardi

vgerardi Member

Put it to use on day 1. The wife likes it way more than the Wrangler.

[​IMG]

13. OP
    vgerardi

vgerardi Member

Got some alloys put on and ordered some saddle blanket seat covers.

[​IMG]

14. Brad Jackson

Brad Jackson Active Member

looks sharp

15. Tacomaholic

Tacomaholic Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum!

16. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Little late there haha

Brad Jackson and Crawdad like this.
  17. Tacomaholic

Tacomaholic Well-Known Member

Lol that's what happens when people revive old threads without sending out a memo.

OR17TRD likes this.
  18. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

TPS report

Tacomaholic likes this.