I was going to add this under "post a pic of your dog", but felt that nothing should come between a man and his dog...and his truck. My dog is long gone but I still have my 14 year old cat. I love the sound of my Taco starting up but its not quite shared by my cat who has only been in it for trips to the vet....

upload_2020-1-13_14-36-24.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-13_14-29-2.png
    upload_2020-1-13_14-29-2.png
    778.1 KB · Views: 22
This is welcoming and encouraging news!

Not sure if it hit your news stands but an article appeared in today’s local newspaper that ALG released its Canadian Residual Value Awards winners. (ALG is a analytics company that analyzes the car industry and produces auto depreciation forecasts). As the article explained “a strong residual value is an indicator of how well that vehicle will hold its value for future resale consideration.” ALG stated that “a strong residual value is a barometer of a brand’s overall health and appeal in the marketplace.” The winner is chosen “based on the vehicle most likely to retain a high percentage of its MSRP after four years, for mainstream vehicles; or after three years for premium vehicles.

The great news is that the Tacoma took the win in the best Midsize Pickup category!

'Scuse my sentimentality...

My First Rodeo -

As a new owner of a Tacoma and member of the Taco family here at the Forum, I have come to understand the shared passion for such an amazing truck. The long-standing loyalty is so clear in all the posts I read not to mention the depth of intricate knowledge for this prized possession. I sure get it and I sure enjoy being a part of it.

Driving the backroads this weekend, alone in my Taco, accompanied by cranked up tunes, I took pleasure following solitary threads of remote roads that curl along the tree rutted roads, in the middle of nowhere. Rural images and natural roadside attractions of aging farm houses and tilting barns, jagged pasture fences never became routine.

It occurred to me that to enjoy something to the fullest it is always better to share the experience with others. While we are not confined to the truck cab together, we all do travel similar roads, highways and city streets. Our experiences are shared here at the Forum for all to enjoy.

So, I want to thank you all, for sharing the road and the journey and being a part of my first rodeo. You guys and gals are the best!

Was spoiled on my b-day. I got a power tailgate lock from my wife and I was sure surprised! I was worried about scratching the tailgate with my keys so this is ideal. Also I am always getting thingsome out of the bed so this is so much easier. My daughters got me a dash cam and I love it! Over the weekend I finally had the decals installed on my tailgate and dashboard. I'll post some before and after pics later.

I've posted the before and after pics in case you are considering adding the decals. It will give you some idea of the look. The tailgate and tailgate handle have been changed as well as the Tacoma lettering on the dashboard. I wrestled with it wondering if I should keep it in tact with the blacked out look. I decided to added a little pop to the backend but kept the front end all blacked out. I will resend the tailgate pic as the sunlight added a yellow tinge to the lettering in the pic. It is actually all dark red.

upload_2020-2-10_21-9-29.png

upload_2020-2-10_21-10-7.png

upload_2020-2-10_21-11-10.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-10_21-8-47.png
    upload_2020-2-10_21-8-47.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 24
Back