*NEW* Onboard Pressurized Water System for the 2005-2017 Toyota Tacoma.

ProForce

Thin Blue Line
IMG_2794.jpg

*NEW* Onboard Pressurized Water System designed for the 2005-2017 Toyota Tacoma.

PRICE: $200.00

Shipping: $10.00 flat rate 1-3 day priority mail to anywhere in US

Optional Installation: $50.00

*Please Note: Installation of this kit requires drilling into the bed. If you are not comfortable drilling into your truck, this product is somewhat universal and you can easily use the supplied parts to modify installation to avoid drilling. No alternative instructions will be provided so it will be up to you to redesign the installation location to suit your needs.

IMG_2787.jpg

Hello TF! I have not been on this forum in quite some time, I am more active on TacomaWorld and started this on that forum. I have had much success there so I decided to bring it over and share it here for those who are not on both forums. Hope you enjoy

I started this thread to introduce a new product designed to fit the needs of campers, overlanders, beachgoers, off road enthusiasts, or anyone else who may benefit from having on demand pressurized water in their rig.

To place your order, please send me a PM with the following information:

- Your full name
- Your full shipping address (Only if being shipped)
- Your email address to send an invoice too (even if picking up locally)
- Your payment method

I accept cash and local pickup
Paypal - No fee for gift payment or $6 will be added if sending regular payment
Facebook messenger payment - no fee and you can use a debit card
Mobile or Email payment transfer if you bank with a participating bank - no fee

If you want local pickup or installation, we can setup a time and date to make those arrangements. Please PM with any custom request inquiries if desired.

The product. This kit consists of a 12v diaphragm water pump commonly found in RV’s and boats. The pump is small enough to be mounted inside the driver side rear bed pocket and still have enough room in there to store the hose, spray nozzle, and pickup line when it’s not in use.

IMG_2795.jpg

Plumbing is ran to a pair of brass quick disconnect couplers that get mounted to the bed frame. These couplers are mounted flush with the bedside to prevent getting in the way of cargo, but still allow for a quick and easy connection of your water source and hose when needed. The hose is a 20 ft coil hose similar to those found on portable air compressors and uses an Orbit 7 pattern nozzle. When its time to use the kit, simply remove the hose and pickup line from the bed pocket, plug the hose into one coupler and your 6 ft pickup line into the other coupler, drop your pickup line in any water source, flip on the power, and start spraying.

The pump self primes and will not be damaged if it runs dry. It also has a built in thermal protection and comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty. The universal pickup line comes equipped with an in-line 300 micron stainless steel washable strainer to help protect your pump from being damaged by any debris that may accidently get into your water source. This design also gives you the ability to source water from lakes or streams without worrying about damaging your system. This is a strainer only and does not purify the water in any way.

What makes this kit so unique is that the 6 ft long pickup line can be dropped into any water source. This gives each owner the flexibility to store water in jerry cans, rotopax, large or small water jugs, a 5-gallon bucket, or even connect the line to a large onboard tank such as those offered by Frontrunner. If your water source is further away, the line can be extended for only a few dollars worth of tubing, and even connected to a tank-less hot water heater in the future.

This kit is universal and versatile, so if you do not own a 2nd or 3rd gen Tacoma or do not want to drill holes in your truck, your only limitation with this kit is the length of hoses that are included. If you plan on using the kit but want to design your own installation or setup in another vehicle, contact me for options on including longer hoses that fit your need. The wire harness is universal and can be installed to any 12v vehicle battery.

20160926_235319.jpg

Common Uses: Camping dishes and showers. Rinsing of mountain bikes, surfboards, dirty boots, or other gear before packing up. Rinsing your face and hands after a hike or jog. Rinsing off yourself, kids, or even dogs after a long day at the beach or park. Drinking water. Anything else where pressurized water may be found useful.

**Your kit will not include a paper copy of the installation manual. To keep this project cost efficient and paperless, each buyer will have a PDF copy of the manual emailed them**

Kit includes:

Premade wire harness complete with lighted waterproof switch and inline fuse

20160926_235949.jpg

6 foot food grade flexible PVC pickup line with 300 micron washable strainer

20160927_000040.jpg

20 foot high pressure coil hose with Orbit 7 pattern spray nozzle

20160927_000245.jpg

Food grade, reinforced PVC plumbing with high quality universal brass quick connect couplers

20160927_000307.jpg

Seaflow professional grade low current 12v water pump.

Includes all necessary hardware required for install such as hose clamps, zip ties, fuse, and screws. All components are pre-assembled for easy installation and includes pipe tape on all connections to avoid leaks in the system.

Demo of spray patterns. Better quality video coming soon.

Last edited:
A little about myself and how this all began. My name is Anthony and I have been an active member here on Tacoma World since 2009. Over the last several years I have slowly added to my build using ideas and products mostly found here on this very forum. Recently in the last 2-3 years, I developed an interest in the “overland” scene and began camping quite frequently in both developed campgrounds and in the backcountry. As with anything else, camping is one of those things where you learn as you go. Each and every trip I figured out something that needed to change or improve for the next trip, and modified my setup as I went along. Since my very first trip, water was always a thorn in my side. Trying to do dishes or even wash your hands is more difficult than it sounds when you are trying to hold up a large water container and have someone pour while you wash up. Add in the need for a shower on those extended trips for you or your companions, and you quickly learn that having a proper water setup is critical. This is what put me to the drawing board to develop the perfect system to fit my needs. I spent the next several weeks educating myself on different types of water pumps, learning about PSI and GPM rates, researching different brands, and trying to figure out what all it would take to make this an onboard system, similar to an onboard air setup. I took a leap of faith and started ordering parts that I thought would work well. After putting it all together, I tested the setup on several trips and it was phenomenal! I don’t know how I got through before all of this. I showed a few friends who all wanted a kit of their own. I used this opportunity to test different pump sizes, flow rates, and brands. Each installation not only used different pumps, but also different plumbing, fittings, wiring and more. Each setup was tested and I learned what worked well and what needed improvement, Eventually in-line strainers were added for filtration, and the setup was perfected. It was now time to take these months of research and testing and share it with people like you who can benefit from a proven kit.

The competition. With the off-road and camping industry quickly booming, many companies have set out to develop a solution just like myself. Waterport has developed a system that is pressurized by your garden hose during filling and offers on demand water, but limits you to only 3.3 gallons, and also may require you to manually re-pressurize the system from time to time using an air compressor or bicycle hand pump. Like Waterport, the Roadshower is a similar designed rack mounted solar shower and stores 5 gallons for $299 or 8 gallons for $399. These kits give you the benefit of not dealing with electrical installation, but take up valuable space in your cargo area or require an adequate mounting location such as a roof rack. They also restrict you from choosing what you transport your water in and limit your ability to refill, or require an additional pump to re-pressurize. Another option includes the Rinse Kit, which only provides you 2 gallons of water, which is about 4 minutes worth of pressure, weighs 9 lbs empty, and must be refilled and pressurized by a garden hose. Many other companies make solar showers, which are simply gravity fed bags that you hang from a tree and rinse off with. With prices of these products ranging from as low as $50 to over $400, they most definitely serve the purpose they were designed for, but that purpose is not practical for everyone. Just like my water system will not fit everyone’s needs, I want to encourage everyone to explore all of their options before choosing my product. If you are up for a little work doing an installation, want to save valuable space, have changing needs in the amount of water you bring or what your water source will be, don’t want to worry about batteries or hand pumps, want a product that will provide versatility and an unlimited amount of pressurized water on demand (limited only by your own water supply), and is super easy to use, then the system I have designed is right for you.

Last edited:
Do you still sell this on board water system kit. Interested in purchasing. Might go with a larger pump and no drill set up. Would be great to hear some of your advice. Let me know. Thanks!

Nicholi

Back