New paintjob

Lol an online bully? This is a forum, you come here to ask questions, and you might not always get the answer you like but we are guna tell you what we really think, no reason to freak out when we tell you we don't think plasti dipping your whole car or wheels is a good idea.

Lol an online bully? This is a forum, you come here to ask questions, and you might not always get the answer you like but we are guna tell you what we really think, no reason to freak out when we tell you we don't think plasti dipping your whole car or wheels is a good idea.

I didn't ask a question. I gave advise and got attacked by your leader whippersnapper. He further went on to say I have no common sense for saying plasti dip is permanent. I never said that. I very clearly said it is easy to remove.
It's completely fine to have a difference of opinion on a subject . But it's not fine to insult someone for their opinion.

Idk my next move is a brush guard, do new rims or paint/ plastidip would be later

You asked for advise on plasti dip. I gave it to you and get insulted in the process. And all you can say is ( Well, I know whippersnapper doesn't like it )
And then you say ( I can do it it later ) are you afraid he's gonna reach through your screen and beat you up. Stand up for yourself. This guy whippersnapper has no life. He's already got almost 2000 posts. He lives on this forum

You asked for advise on plasti dip. I gave it to you and get insulted in the process. And all you can say is ( Well, I know whippersnapper doesn't like it )
And then you say ( I can do it it later ) are you afraid he's gonna reach through your screen and beat you up. Stand up for yourself. This guy whippersnapper has no life. He's already got almost 2000 posts. He lives on this forum

Maybe he said that because he changed his mind about plasti dip. Have you ever even used it before, or have you just seen videos of it. The point is, why would you take the time to "paint" your wheels black, when in a couple months your guna have to re do it. Especially if you do any wheeling. For the same price and just a little more work you can actually paint your wheels and it will look better and last a lot longer.

How exactly am I beating this dude up? I said it is a bad idea but I never said he couldn't do it or that I would be upset that he used it.

So just because of my post count you know exactly what I do in life? That's just genius.

In the end I said plastiderp sucks. You said no hostility needed but there was no hostility toward you so if you took it as such then that's your problem. Don't expect me not to say anything when you tell me when you insult me:

Hey buddy, stick with engines and lift kits. You don't have a clue of what you're talking about. Plasti dip is a great alternative for a truck owner who wants a color change without the cost and or labor associated with a paint job. If you had bad luck with a project it's because you didn't know what you were doing.
No hostility just an observation

Last edited:
No i am not scared, whippersnapper has helped me already, and im 19 and my dad and i are just now getting into MODing our trucks. My dads a chrome guy but im not. He doesnt know much about painting rims or plastidip. And as far as the brush guard goes, ive been waiting for that longer than black wheels. I also have a place to set aside the money when i get my financial aid refund. Yes, i wanted advice, but that doesnt mean ill go out and do this tommorow. Whippersnapper knows his stuff, he gave me instructions to fix my blinker (first time ive ever had to).

Consider Plasti Dipping your truck. It's very durable. It's cheaper than paint. Requires virtually no prep. Easy to remove. Apply it with an HV/LP. A matte finished Tacoma is awesome.

Yes, easy to remove. Too easy. OP, stick to actual paint and save your money if you want durability. Also I would agree with the tan and black for a color choice. :thumbsup:

I want to bring this conversation to a close by saying I don't think anyone was really being rude, some people just take stuff to seriously. If you are guna get offended by someone saying you don't have much common sense this is not the place for you. That is all and sorry for jacking the thread.

I was being rude...to plastiderp.

1-1213888363xaFY.jpg.cf.jpg

Back