New to me ‘17 OR acceleration issues...

Rsmith76

Just got a ‘17 OR. 4-dr. Long bed. 50k miles give or take... The only recall is for a body erosion issue, which is getting addressed in a few weeks. But the acceleration feels like sand unless you floor it, and gets boggy when shifting. The average mpg is around 11(according to the dash computer). It’s no better than my ‘74 Ford. Nothing like the advertised 18/20mpg. Is this normal? Is it just the reality of these trucks? Is there a fix? I was going to be buying a rtt, roof rack, and start taking trips out west (from Illinois), but if this is the reality of the truck, that would drive my mpg down to like 8. I may have to get rid of it. I love it otherwise, but with gas prices going back up, I don’t think I’ll be able to afford this pig. Any suggestions?

I have a '17OR 4dr short bed with about 48K miles. Only recall I've had was for the blower motor. I run 91 Premium and right now I'm getting 22mpg. I don't have the bogged down feeling on acceleration like you're noticing. Fuel quality? Intake needs cleaning?

May need to clean the MAF sensor. I also starting using premium and saw better results with less lagging of the engine. No major performance increase or anything, just better/smoother running. I get 19 mpg average on mine but I’m not too hard on it either.
I was running strictly 89 octane Shell and getting 20 mixed driving steady.
Then I went on an assignment and used QT and Valero. Four tank fulls, all 89 octane. Mileage went to 17! Performance sucked a$$ too.
Back home and back on the good juice but still can’t get over 18. [emoji53]
Ready to clean the MAF too.

Back