New to the forum and could use some advice...

Jamie Sullivan

I just moved to San Diego from Colorado, needed a truck for work, and made a miserable purchase. I grew up in a Toyota family, wanted a Toyota truck, and couldn't afford much of anything, so I bought a 2001 Tundra off craigslist for $3000. Seemed sweet. Replaced spark plugs, issues with the timing belt, and finally, the deal breaker, a blown head gasket. I can't justify another penny into the truck so I'm cutting my losses with this one. I desperately want a newer model Tacoma, but it just isn't in the budget. Do you guys have any suggestions for a budget truck, under $7000, that will be incredibly reliable? I'm super nervous about buying used after my first experience. Thanks!

Buy an older tacoma like a 2000 or so with like 300,000 miles for a couple thousand and spend the rest of your budget on a new motor

You already have a Toyota, instead of wasting 7k buying someone else problem just invest in a good used engine and rebuild it.
That will be practically a new engine free off defects and peace of mind. No one will warranty that another used truck will solve your concerns and won't bring any issues.
Good luck

Back