New to the taco

How are we doing everyone. I just bought a 2014 sr5 v6 double cab 5ft bed. It only had one owner with 30k miles who put a 4or 5 inch lift on it, 18"helo rims and 35x12.5 tiers, brush guard, and step rails. One thing I have to say is he did it right. I don't like how my front right tire rubs when maxed out as well when I go over something and the front spring compress. I don't know much terminology so be kind if I ask to explain something haha. Most of my miles are highway and it's not a smith ride. I am most likely goin to sell my 18s for 17s or 16s so that the tire price dosent kill me.

I like the meatiness of the tires but don't like the rubbing. What size could I get to minimize the rubbing and have a smother ride?

Also I am looking to eventually enhance the performance for speed. Is a new intake and exhaust system worth it? Do chips really do anything? Any other suggestions?

I will soon be changing the grill to a black mesh grill (raptor) with rivets, debadging everything except the sr5 on the tailgate and rivet style fender flares.

I'll post pics soon just haven't had the time.

Any comments, info that I should know or advice would be awesome thanks everyone im excited to connect with people in the taco world.

You can go with any tire between 265 and 285 with no scrubbing. A lot of guys on here went with the 285/65/17-18. Preferably I went with the 265/75/18 with a negative offset rim. You'll need to make sure the front bumper is trimmed. 33x12.50 look great on the taco but are just too big without new adapters or spacers

If I keep them and get spacers will that stop the rubbing? Also I heard a lot about changing the gears to 4.88 if you have large tires and that it will help with better performance for the transmission. Should I do this? I just don't know if the previous owner did it already but I don't think so because it's having trouble down shifting.

Put up pics and we'll have a better idea! Pics of front suspension up close, turn your steering wheel all the way in one direction. Take a pic of how close the tire is to the back of the wheel well where the body mount is. You might have plenty of room !

Back