New Toy. guy with brakeing question (of course)

newtotoy

My first Toyota (yesterday) and I have a brake issue. I'll look around for the right place to post it, BUT a little introduction I guess is approiate here. I've had all kinds of trucks & jeeps over the past 40 years since I've been driving and just got my first "taco" yesterday. It is a used 2012 with 45k on the clock and I bought it from a nice older gentleman (72) that was the original owner & user. It's a 4cyl automatic with the acess cab & 4wd. So far with my day and a half of driving it around and rolling around under it on a creeper spraying the "belly" down with Fluid Film for the winter (salt) I am impressed. I found it on C/L and we struck a deal at $20k, I think I did well and am happy.

It's hard to believe that a 72 y/o guy put this on his truck.DSCN7751.JPG It's actually firetruck red, and slowly growing on me. I'm just worried what kind of glue mess it'll leave behind if I remove them. I think he said that it was 70+ pieces. Have a Merry Christmas fellas!

Hey! watch it! (LOL) I'm an ole fart too = No plain Jane, boring colors for this ole fart! I want my ride to stand out and be noticed.
After 2 months of looking, (he had my deposit) my salesman finally found: a '16, Inferno (metallic orange), TRD, access cab 4x4. It has inferno (orange) sticthing in the seats, a OEM inferno orange trim around touch screen area. = I Just got the best pin striper in Fl. to do some very tasteful stripping on it, mud flats, running boards, floor mats, removed the rear jump seats and put in a (self made) carpeted shelf for my dog and packages. Engine up grades will be magnaflow exhaust, TRD or K&N air cleaner. Has plenty of power & getting 22 MPG running around town. = Traded my loaded '14 GMC SLT w/ 25k in. Way too many trips to the dealership for repairs. After 4 trouble free Tundra's, I should have stayed with Toyota.

Ray, give us a pic of the rear "shelf". I was thinking about doing the same thing!
The truck sounds sweet and needs a pic also.

Back