newbee here , so ? 2011 taco with a-trac,dac,rsca,rr-rear difflock,and a car sliding switch

old55guy

just got a 2011 DCSB 51,000 mile taco , I have had lots of old school 4x4 vehicles, but never a new 4x4 so my ??? What the heck are all these switches for and when & how do I us them ? 5 different switches ??? 1( atrac ) 2 (rr-diff lock ) can i use in high gear ? 3 (DAC ) 4 ( RSCA ) 5 ( switch with a car sliding ) WTF , I will need a check off list to go wheeling < any body got a easy way to know how to use them? ThaNKS

I know RSCA is the switch to turn off the side curtain airbags, hold it down for 5 seconds to turn them off/on, rr diff lock is the rear diff lock, can only be used in 4 low, there is a mod where you can use it in 4 high too, I don't know how to do it though, I believe a trac is Toyotas version of computer operated diff locks simulated through the brakes, not sure about DCA, car sliding is the traction control switch, bump it to turn traction control off under 30 mph and turn on the auto LSD (limited slip diff) hold it down for about 5 seconds to turn off everything...

Thanks ,I just put my taco in 4x4 low ,in the driveway ,It all works good ,BUT !!! what the heck is the DING DING DING BELL going on for ? never did stop ? would you guys have some kind of magic fix ??? Thanks

Ok Guys I have read the Manual , still confusing to me ? I need to watch a you tube video ? Hope i can find one , hope to meet some other taco owner with all these switches someday , I did get the bell to stop when in 4 low , DAC down hill assist control ! I"m a old guy how will i remember this stuff ?

Last edited:
62 ! I have a 84 4runner with a chevy 350 v8 ,with a 465 transmission with a 203 to 205 xcase twin sticks ,with arbs ,on propane , I"m just not young and ?????/ Just need a little help more often now a days

62 ! I have a 84 4runner with a chevy 350 v8 ,with a 465 transmission with a 203 to 205 xcase twin sticks ,with arbs ,on propane , I"m just not young and ?????/ Just need a little help more often now a days
Got any pics of the 4 runner?

I bought my first new Toyota in 1988 , but, it was the 1989 extra cab . First year with room to jam small people behind the seats! I'm 48

Back