Newbie w/Questions about 2002 Taco

vrodrex

New here. I'm looking to replace my '00 Silverado. I've found a '02 Taco extended cab 4x4, 4cyl with automatic. The truck has 118,000 miles. According to the seller it has had the frame inspected and coated. The asking price is $9950. From pics it appears to be in good shape. I've had '82, '83, '89, 4x4 pickups and a '94 four runner. None of which were automatics. Are the automatics a good transmission? Any problems or issues I should be aware of with the automatic? Are there anyother problem areas I need to know or look out for? Also anyone with experience in similar truck, what kind of mileage should I expect. Right now I'm only getting 14mpg+ or - with my chevy and 17mpg with my '04 Dodge 2500 with a Cummins on a 90 mile round trip commute.

Without knowing condition, options etc. it's hard to say if thats a fair price. I suggest you go to www.kbb.com (Kelly Blue book) and type in the specs on this truck, it will at least get you into the ballpark price wise. I'd ask to see the dealer invoice to double check the frame issue. Good luck with your search for a Taco, hope you find a great truck!

Thanks,this is from the ad: 4 CYCLINDER, AUTOMATIC, SR5 PKG, AIR CONDITIONING, PWR WINDOWS, PWR DOOR LOCKS, DUEL PWR MIRRORS, TILT STEERING WHEEL, CRUISE CONTROL, AM/FM STEREO W/CD PLAYER AND CASSETTE TAPE, TACHOMETER W/ALL GAUGES, BUCKET SEATS W/CENTER CONSOLE, DIGITAL CLOCK, SLIDING REAR GLASS, ALLOY WHEELS, BEDLINER, REESE HITCH. He did tell me the roof had some dents in it from a tree branch falling on it.
41141409611.387047145.IM1.03.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

I ran your info at Kelly based on good condition and they came up with a retail price of $8700 with the equipment you listed.

I am looking at a 1 owner 02 4x4 serviced at the dealer it was bought from everytime and was driven by a 71 year old man so it's been meticulously cared for but the auto trans makes me nervous. The truck has 146000 miles. So are these autos as good as reliable as the rest of the truck?

Back