Next model tacoma

No. I think they should have an option like they do in the Hilux. But not in the Pro model.

Exactly. An option. But not a standard thing. Toyota has a couple of tried and true diesels they use in the Hilux. It’d be nice to see them throw the option to those diesel lovers in the US.

Reactions: 4wd
Who thinks the next model of TRD pro should be a diesel like the ZR2??
I drove ZR2 Diesel on Sat. What a slow thing. I was not impressed. TRD Offroad diesel would be way too nose heavy IMHO.
Also guess it would be a good crawler , but only if that was your only plan for it. Out on the road where we mostly live and work it's not worth the extra money. Not to mention the high cost to maintain.
3.5 V6 Gas for me. That engine has plenty of untapped potential. That is where my extra money will be spent.

I drove ZR2 Diesel on Sat. What a slow thing. I was not impressed. TRD Offroad diesel would be way too nose heavy IMHO.
Also guess it would be a good crawler , but only if that was your only plan for it. Out on the road where we mostly live and work it's not worth the extra money. Not to mention the high cost to maintain.
3.5 V6 Gas for me. That engine has plenty of untapped potential. That is where my extra money will be spent.
That’s why the option would be nice. Some would want it and some would not.
Welcome to the forum. What taco do you have?

Back