Not a fan of Toyota right now!

$185 for the shift sense. $769 for the OV Tune. Agreed that overall the OV Tune definitely offers a more encompassing package but the Shift Sense Pro offers a quick solution to the issue almost $600 less.
I haven’t seen many reviews for OV Tune. I’m sure their awesome though.

Tax return!

I just feel bad for you guys really, sucks that after spending all that $$$$ on a new truck, it requires you to spend additional out of pocket $$$ just to make it shift right (well, better anyway)...

I just feel bad for you guys really, sucks that after spending all that $$$$ on a new truck, it requires you to spend additional out of pocket $$$ just to make it shift right (well, better anyway)...
And Toyota could have avoided all the pissed off customers by keeping the 4.0 and auto tranny. I understand Toyota's point to attempt better fuel economy though..

And Toyota could have avoided all the pissed off customers by keeping the 4.0 and auto tranny. I understand Toyota's point to attempt better fuel economy though..
My truck doesn’t have time to down shift I hit the gas and eat the MPG. Plenty of power if you're not a tree hugger. :cool: Speeding white taco!
Wait...
I baby my taco and it shifts continuously because I love the EPA. :p

My truck doesn’t have time to down shift I hit the gas and eat the MPG. Plenty of power if you're not a tree hugger. :cool: Speeding white taco!
Wait...
I baby my taco and it shifts continuously because I love the EPA. :p
I really wanna drive one and see what all the fuss is about. It can't be all that bad.. But I'm not real picky either..

I def. agree with you on the first statement, the 2nd one, ya know KP it's getting to the point where I don't understand anything Toyota's doing...

I really wanna drive one and see what all the fuss is about. It can't be all that bad.. But I'm not real picky either..

I really don’t see as much of an issue right now honestly. Maybe getting used to it and maybe the ECM “learning” my driving style.
I can say it seems worse if you baby it. Sometimes it’s good to get your foot in the gas a little.

I did notice the hunting of gears in my 16 drives me Batshit crazy so I've been driving in the shift it yourself mode much more fun and still getting 19 mpg ! Mostly cruise on the road in 5th haven't been using 6 th it lays rpms down so low . it seems like torque converter goes in and out of lockup but I down shift it and its alot less annoying try it .and 3rd gear has a nice raspy growl when you wind it up lol !

Last edited:
Installed the ShiftSense Pro V2 Monday evening. I do like the shift pattern much better and I have it set in 1. The transmission still downshifts on the interstate while climbing the slightest grade and/or going into a breeze. I don’t mind the 6-5 shift but the 5-4 puts me over at 72 mph. I understand they can’t correct this. I do like the difference in the throttle response. Overall I am very pleased with the ShiftSense Pro and would highly recommend. I also commend the developer for providing a tool that addresses the shifting issues of this transmission. To use better language I will simply say shame on you Toyota for not listening to and taking care of the consumer.

Does it make the shifts crisper ? I hate the lazy shifts it feels like the tranny is slipping , my 35 ford has a turbo 400 with shift kit and i love the chirp and snap of 2nd gear and hit your head against the back window arr arr arr ! lmfao. ! ! !:D

Last edited:
Installed the ShiftSense Pro V2 Monday evening. I do like the shift pattern much better and I have it set in 1. The transmission still downshifts on the interstate while climbing the slightest grade and/or going into a breeze. I don’t mind the 6-5 shift but the 5-4 puts me over at 72 mph. I understand they can’t correct this. I do like the difference in the throttle response. Overall I am very pleased with the ShiftSense Pro and would highly recommend. I also commend the developer for providing a tool that addresses the shifting issues of this transmission. To use better language I will simply say shame on you Toyota for not listening to and taking care of the consumer.

Good to know. It really is a pretty inexpensive solution. But I definitely agree Toyota should have done the same thing and put driver preference over a small amount of mpg gain.

Does it make the shifts crisper ? I hate the lazy shifts it feels like the tranny is slipping , my 35 ford has a turbo 400 with shift kit and i love the chirp and snap of 2nd gear and hit your head against the back window arr arr arr ! lmfao. ! ! !:D

The shifts feel much crisper, solid, and the rpm will steadily climb to the next shift point. The throttle response feels almost like I am back in my Ram. The Taco responds to throttle input.

The shift points are minimum speeds. The more throttle input, the longer the gear will hold. IMG_0054.jpg

Back