noticeable increase in fuel consumption, losing 50 tacoMiles per tank of tacoJuice... what is going on?

This tacoJohnny must be another toyota god. At any rate all This cut, and paste deal doesn't get anything done.

I am highly doubtful of fuel trims being an issue. If this were me, I'd be looking to the diagnosing the simple things first.

Most repairs are not complex. Adjusting fuel trims should not be left to an inexperienced DIYer.

What exactly are you trying to diagnose at this time???? Symptoms? What have you checked and how did you check? I certainly hope you are smarter than just finding some Utub video then assuming that is your issue.

I am quite concerned the upstream O2 sensor is not up to snuff
But it has yet to trigger a CEL light :confused:

Simple. Instead of jackin' around with fuel trims. Just replace the suspect O2 sensor.

Why do you think thee O2 sensor is "not up to snuff"?

The O2 sensors are original, aged and were tinkered with exhaust disassembly
so I really do not know!

That upstream O2 sensor may or may not be an easy-to-get-at spot on this rig buried above the transmission in a few videos I have researched

Again, whinning about this everyday on tacoma forum isn't going to miraculously make it better.

Last edited:
whut U think it is going on?

can i do one of these fuel trims DIY or is special equipment required to do it

Jack with the fuel trims, expect a heap load of problems on top of all the other problems real or perceived.

Don't fuel trim readings let you know if the O2 sensor is functioning proper?
Still researching this..

should i get a can of this BG product and give it a try?
i have 10$ perks to spend, expire in 17d

1710863951528.png

Nothing like a snake oil treatment to cure whatever ails you. I swear folks with some sort of a mental issue are the 1st to gravitate toward that stuff whether really needed, or not.

OIC
It is supposed to also decarb the valves so they don't get gummy and sticky?

I slowly fed seafoam into an intake vacuum hose when I had the tundra. It created a smoke machine, but decarbonized the valves, and pistons for another 100k.

Back