Odd issues with Trac control

NapalmTRD

I'll get to the point after a short breakdown of my vehicle...

2014 DCSB TRD OR
3" Revtek spacer/AAL plus diff drop spacer and driveline spacer
SPC Light Racing UCAs
LT285/70R17 Toyo AT2 at 35psi
Fuel Trophy wheels with -6 offset
(I could list other things, but they would be irrelevant to my issue.)

It first happened as I dove into a sloped left turn on a country road going about 50. I could easily describe it as a brief nudging of a "rumble strip". This happened just a few days after having the tires and wheels put on, which was just a few days short of the UCAs getting installed. After I had a front end alignment done, I figured everything should be fine.
Well... I was out trail riding earlier today and everything was completely fine with my truck. That is until I took a very subtle left turn on a normal city road going about 40. At this moment, trac control kicked in harder than I could imagine it doing so at such an unusual time. A bad time at that because the turn leads into a more defined curve at which point I had almost zero control.
Thankfully, nothing happened except a Taco owner having cause for concern. If any of you have some input as to what might be causing this, feel free to drop some knowledge.
I'm hoping to consult a mechanic soon that knows a good deal of info regarding the trac control system and any related parts that may affect how the system operates.
I have yet to do any trimming in the wheel wells, so I'm fairly certain that it has something to do with a tire nudging some spot of plastic and causing the trac control to lose its ****. I don't believe I've touched the body cab mounts with my tires yet, so I'll leave those alone for now.

Last edited:
Sounds familiar.... iirc vsc needs to be adjusted by toyota. Sometimes lifts have that effect from what ive read. I have an 06 with no nannies and abs killswitch, so im only speaking from what ive read and not personal experience.

Back