Off-road bumper

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by toywoodsguy82, Sep 12, 2017.

1. toywoodsguy82

toywoodsguy82 Member

So I got my taco backed into and now have a reason to look into a new off-road bumper. Any makes or models you guys suggest?

07 taco TRD off-road edition IMG_3521.jpg

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

4. OR17TRD

Not that it helps me for my gen3 but I was looking at who manufactures them. Ive always liked the ARB ones but there are a lot more than I knew of.
    Let use know what you end up doing and show us when it's done.

Bogunn likes this.
  5. wvutaco98

wvutaco98 Member

Fab Fours or Expedition

6. The_Dirty_Dixie

The_Dirty_Dixie Well-Known Member

D50187A4-A5EE-4482-9D07-D01E13FFDE47.jpg
    I highly recommend ARB! We have always used ARB bumpers and I haven't had any problems. Simple to put on and has saved my butt many times. As stated before there are many different types here's an example.

7. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

That really does look great.

The_Dirty_Dixie likes this.
  8. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Good news is it doesn't look like your bumper is damaged at all

Bogunn and The_Dirty_Dixie like this.
  9. The_Dirty_Dixie

Few scratches on the side but I'll take that over a dent any day. (Quick side note the pod lights and blinkers are a separate set I installed after, if anyone else has this bumper check out Labrak, they make a conversation kit so that you can place those pods instead of regular fog lights)

10. The_Dirty_Dixie

88986DB4-FCA9-48D8-BF3C-03536534E859.jpg

Here's the original bumper for anyone wondering

Bogunn likes this.
  11. OR17TRD

Other than the giant dent in the fender and the fact he wants to replace the bumper.

12. OP
    toywoodsguy82

toywoodsguy82 Member

Thoughts on either of these? IMG_3598.jpg IMG_3599.jpg

13. OR17TRD

Not for me. I don't like the bar going across the head light. Maybe the first picture if I saw it in person.

14. OP
    toywoodsguy82

toywoodsguy82 Member

I don't like the bars really at all but 75% of them have bars and the other hard part is I'm trying to say less then $1100 for the front...

New twist to this story is I was rear ended Friday so now I'm looking for rear bumper also.

15. 858_tacoma_guy

858_tacoma_guy Well-Known Member

I totally agree, I got an ARB and I have no regrets. It makes the truck have a more aggressive look, and it damn strong IMG_1179.jpg . I wouldn't recommend anything but ARB

The_Dirty_Dixie, Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.