overdrive gear ATM - A340E A340F

still am having issues with no easy downshift auto to gear 3 to maintain speed coming out of the mountainous Platte valley :confused:

Getting close to 90k on the gen2 rig

all right here is some new weirdshTT i have NO CLUE about on the AT operations

so i was getting off the freeway coasting with light braking in D
near the end of the slowing down event decided to manually throw it into gear 3 and see whut all happens with the engine braking on this Gen2 rig
RPMS were under 1k
well those RPMs jumped up over the 1k RMP as it lurched back into gear3 like downshifting but at very slow movement of under 30mph

WHY is it still in D at that speed???
is THIS normal operation for the 4 speed AT on the Gen2 taco 4cyl
please! any help is advised

Don't know never owned an auto 4 banger taco. My gen1 tundra with the same family asin 4 speed auto operated like any other auto 4 speed like in gm's I had driven.

should it not downshift change gears AUTOMATICALLY as the speed decreases to this level?

my experience is with MT ONLY for more than 3 decades so IDK! ??!!

should it not downshift change gears AUTOMATICALLY as the speed decreases to this level?

my experience is with MT ONLY for more than 3 decades so IDK! ??!!
It should, my tundra did, and this new gen3 taco 6 speed will downshift at certain speeds when decelerating. The transmission has to sense being in the correct gear for that speed if needed to accelerate again, otherwise your engine will bog, or feel like its lugging.

Last edited:
Back