P0171 Problems

tacomasfordayz

So kinda long story short, got a 1999 Tacoma 4x4 In October, had the CEL pulled and didn't know it had Problems, fixed a couple things but now has the P0171 code, I know it's an lean idle condition, so far I have changed the MAF, the fuel filter, all spark plugs, air box because it had a big hole in it, pcv valve, hose from charcoal canister to air box, fuel cap, pressure sensor, fuel pump, and my timing was off and I took the belt off and adjusted it, I've checked for vacuum leaks, and I can't seem to find anything. I have problems starting sometimes but it always starts, and I have a pretty low idle at times, maybe the injectors? I'm so out of ideas I don't know what to do, I was thinking the charcoal canister, or fuel pressure regulator may be at fault, that's in advance!!

So kinda long story short, got a 1999 Tacoma 4x4 In October, had the CEL pulled and didn't know it had Problems, fixed a couple things but now has the P0171 code, I know it's an lean idle condition, so far I have changed the MAF, the fuel filter, all spark plugs, air box because it had a big hole in it, pcv valve, hose from charcoal canister to air box, fuel cap, pressure sensor, fuel pump, and my timing was off and I took the belt off and adjusted it, I've checked for vacuum leaks, and I can't seem to find anything. I have problems starting sometimes but it always starts, and I have a pretty low idle at times, maybe the injectors? I'm so out of ideas I don't know what to do, I was thinking the charcoal canister, or fuel pressure regulator may be at fault, that's in advance!!
TPS. Check that. You can change out the TPS on yours. The newer Tacomas you have to change the whole throttle body. Also check your O2 sensor.

Back