Paint removal

Looking for suggestion. I have a 3"long orange paint stripe area on my silver Tacoma compliments of the handle on a Home Depot flatbed cart (my fault). No dent, just the paint. Suggestion on what to use to remove the orange paint and NOT my truck paint, LOL? Thanks

Use your fingers to agitate the "remover" and a clean shop towel to wipe clean.

I'd start with something like Goof-off, Simple Green
Sometimes Car Paste wax works.
Mineral Spirits
Lacquer Thinner
Acetone
Very fine rubbing compound.

Start with low aggressive methods working up to more aggressive methods.

You could order a flattened Wiley Coyote decal to place over it........

Mineral spirits and and a little white polishing compound the fine then wax . It may come off with just the wax also so u could try it first. Goof off smells like it has acetone in it ,so I would not use it on my paint. Should have got an orange truck like I did then u wouldn't notice it as bad ! Lol . You could even try a little hand sanitizer with a microfiber towel, it works really well on pine tree sap melts it right off .

would this product work?

55YE80_AS02

I wouldn't use lacquer thinner, or acetone, that'll take the clear coat right off. Maybe try some plastic polishing stuff like mothers with some elbow grease.

would this product work?

55YE80_AS02
I think that stuff is like nail polish remover, I'd avoid it as could take your trucks paint with it. Maybe spray some paint on an old sheet of painted metal...let it dry a day and see if that stuff only removes the new paint.

Meguires makes a product called cleaner wax it seems to have the slightest bit is fine compound in it . Its was in a maroon bottle at advance auto I have some and I use it with my big buffer .

Careful with that stuff. It is a weak rubbing compound. It will remove clear coat.

I prefer to use NuFinish paste wax. Only downside it is white, dries white and is a bugger to remove from a white truck. Easy to miss spots.

For the few times I need abrasives. I turn to wet sandpaper up in the 4000 grit range. Plenty of water, light finger pressure.

I think that stuff is like nail polish remover, I'd avoid it as could take your trucks paint with it. Maybe spray some paint on an old sheet of painted metal...let it dry a day and see if that stuff only removes the new paint.
I used it to take the nasty duct tape gluey film off my trucks newly coated frame areas
Duct tape used to cover holes in the frame
Worked well but took some time and scrub scrub scrub

Back