Painted my rims

Super pumped i finally took some time to attack my junk chrome peeling stockies and give em a lil makeover. Came out great
They look great. I have been considering having mine powder coated black. I am not sure about it yet. Any thoughts from other members?

Thanks man, the rims were ****ty anyways, aluminum was peelin off on all the sides of the stars if u will and it was pitted and ****ty. I sell cars for a living so i pay just over what my owner pays for em which means besides anything it needs in the shop you get as is, which meant ****ty pitted rims

But they are great durable rims for winter and off roading a bunch of people have told me so i fogured give em a lil makeover. 3 hrs of work and about 35 bucks in supplies

Looks nice billyboston707!! I painted my stock steel wheels gloss black (factory finish was starting to rust). However, I kept the plastic center caps sllver and painted the Toyota logo black. Look good and keeps the rust at bay from harsh Pennsylvania winter road salt.

Powder coat would be better!!! Just did not wanna spend the $$$$$$$$$$

Looks nice billyboston707!! I painted my stock steel wheels gloss black (factory finish was starting to rust). However, I kept the plastic center caps sllver and painted the Toyota logo black. Look good and keeps the rust at bay from harsh Pennsylvania winter road salt.

Powder coat would be better!!! Just did not wanna spend the $$$$$$$$$$
When the lugs get tqd down, would that pressure cause the powder to crack and start a downward spiral?

The paint gets chipped around my lugs. I'll just touch them up with paint in the spring.

I understand paint touch ups.... but i was under the impression powder acted differently.

I typod that whole thing. That message was to bigmau saying you were talking about powder coat not paint. Blah nevermind
Bahahaha, sall good.

Now i see what u meant tho.

Yeah, i just thought i heard powder cracks and it may be a snowball effect. but i may be wrong

Back