Passenger side rear window - will not roll down or up

Sippi

I have a feeling the connection is fried on my rear passenger door. The control on the door and driver door will not control the window down or up. Luckily it is all the way up so it is tolerable.

Has anyone dealt with this issue before?

i've never heard of this problem before, but it sounds like a loose wire connecting the window motor to the power.
if you pull off the door panel it should be somewhat simple to find the problem, especially if you're handy with a meter.

I noticed that it was hesitant for a few days before and then eventually stopped all together. Looks like I will break out the meter and rip the door panel off. I just wanted to ask everyone before I started playing around.

Only 2 reasons that would happen.
1: window switch is fried (isn't there some kind of TSB regarding window switches? :notsure: )
2: the motor itself is toast.

If you can operate a DMM, you can test those pretty quickly and easily.

Yeah I have been slammed for the last couple of weeks so people on the side had to keep the window up. Hopefully I will get in there soon and when I do I will write it up for everyone. I think their is a TSB out for it and will do a little more research.

My front passenger window stopped working today. It went from working fine to nothing. Even the swtch on the passenger door doesn't work. Is there a service bulliton? It is the '05. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. The window is stuck half way down.

My 08 truck does the same, except just the passengers switch doesn't work, but I can use my switch up front and it will work just fine! So I guess it's just the switch

My rear windows every so offen will not roll up or down, the dealer said unless the problem happens so they can see it the can't do anything!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum

Back