If you own a Toyota Tacoma you know there is slow or lagging throttle response. How can you fix this without voiding the warranty and without tools or bolt on options you ask? PEDAL COMMANDER. 2 plugs and your done, I finished mine and mounted the controller right next to my starter button. I want to first add do not start out in SPORT+ mode, your Toyota will **** and git. The Pedal Commander is a simple low cost add on and it really delivers from Economy mode to Sport+ mode you will have a blast, it is like an old engine gets new life and it is allot of fun too. They run about $299.00 and are simply worth every penny. Have fun!

Brad

upload_2019-10-9_7-47-57-jpeg.27610

Ok, 24 hours POST install. I drove for about an hour and a half after the install, stepping it up in the various drive modes. First, there is a HUGE difference in throttle response, transmission shifting points and overall ability to get up and move quickly. I was pleasantly surprised at the very very noticeable difference in the way my Tacoma drove overall, everything from a dead stop off the line acceleration was awesome, shifting points kicked it up a notch and allowed for my truck to get up and move noticeably and with a marked increase in performance, it was just that good. ECO mode helped with my MPG after I had already put in a cold air intake, 3inch lift kit and 33inch Toyo tires. Without the pedal commander I lost roughly 2.5 mpg under normal driving conditions I mean not that the Toyota 3.5 V6 was ever really easy on gas but anything will help I guess. After the install of the pedal commander I gained back in ECO mode about 1.5 MPG, to me that is a big help when I am highway driving, I'll take what I can get lol. CITY mode is smooth and responsive and you can change the sensitivity of the throttle in any mode by the way. SPORT I was really impressed and thought I couldn't get any better, I was able to spin the 33inch tires no problem (BIG NO NO) I won't be doing that very much as I want the tires to last. Lastly, it is really hard to impress upon you the reader what SPORT+ mode does. From a dead stop punching the accelerator the engine immediately comes to life and while accelerating and spinning the tires I noticed the tachometer ran all the way up to the notch before red line and it did so with each successive shift up into the next highest gear, the truck was amazingly fast or faster and the response at the pedal in all four modes was a marked increase beyond the stock or factory pedal response. The pedal commander site states their product does not void the factory warranty but in the same sentence it advises you to remove it when going in for service because as we all know when a warranty issue arises dealers and manufacturers look for any excuse to say you did it. Pedal Commander also states that when you remove it to take it in for service their product leaves no scan-able electronic trail meaning the Toyota Factory diagnostic tool will not see or pick up any traces of the product being installed. This accessory definitely gets high marks and is probably if not assuredly the best upgrade I have made so far. Great Product.

Brad

TACOMA Pedal Commander Review.

Totally agree installed mines a week ago and the difference in pedal response is night and day [emoji110] sport +4

Probably a dumb question. I notice on the Pedal Commander website they mention that the unit is Bluetooth capable. Does the pedal commander come with a program that you download on your phone, or do you have to go to their website to get the program?

Probably a dumb question. I notice on the Pedal Commander website they mention that the unit is Bluetooth capable. Does the pedal commander come with a program that you download on your phone, or do you have to go to their website to get the program?

You download their app and you can switch between their throttle mapping. It would be the same as pushing the button on the unit itself. I used it once to see if it worked and never looked at it again.

Ok, 24 hours POST install. I drove for about an hour and a half after the install, stepping it up in the various drive modes. First, there is a HUGE difference in throttle response, transmission shifting points and overall ability to get up and move quickly. I was pleasantly surprised at the very very noticeable difference in the way my Tacoma drove overall, everything from a dead stop off the line acceleration was awesome, shifting points kicked it up a notch and allowed for my truck to get up and move noticeably and with a marked increase in performance, it was just that good. ECO mode helped with my MPG after I had already put in a cold air intake, 3inch lift kit and 33inch Toyo tires. Without the pedal commander I lost roughly 2.5 mpg under normal driving conditions I mean not that the Toyota 3.5 V6 was ever really easy on gas but anything will help I guess. After the install of the pedal commander I gained back in ECO mode about 1.5 MPG, to me that is a big help when I am highway driving, I'll take what I can get lol. CITY mode is smooth and responsive and you can change the sensitivity of the throttle in any mode by the way. SPORT I was really impressed and thought I couldn't get any better, I was able to spin the 33inch tires no problem (BIG NO NO) I won't be doing that very much as I want the tires to last. Lastly, it is really hard to impress upon you the reader what SPORT+ mode does. From a dead stop punching the accelerator the engine immediately comes to life and while accelerating and spinning the tires I noticed the tachometer ran all the way up to the notch before red line and it did so with each successive shift up into the next highest gear, the truck was amazingly fast or faster and the response at the pedal in all four modes was a marked increase beyond the stock or factory pedal response. The pedal commander site states their product does not void the factory warranty but in the same sentence it advises you to remove it when going in for service because as we all know when a warranty issue arises dealers and manufacturers look for any excuse to say you did it. Pedal Commander also states that when you remove it to take it in for service their product leaves no scan-able electronic trail meaning the Toyota Factory diagnostic tool will not see or pick up any traces of the product being installed. This accessory definitely gets high marks and is probably if not assuredly the best upgrade I have made so far. Great Product.

Brad

TACOMA Pedal Commander Review.

you drove an hour and a half after install and you were able to determine MPG gained and lost with the PC?

Back