Plastidip

Nah. It sucks. The derp lovers are always peeling and reapplying at the mod meets. Real paint wouldn't need to be reapplied. One guy did his whole truck and it is peeling away now.

Your opinion is based on the faults of others misusing the product. That's the problem with dip. When someone gets bad results, they think it's the product and not the user. When really it's neglect on the process or setting too high of expectations for what it's capable off, for example painting an entire truck.

I'm using the stuff and it's working just fine for what I need it to do. I've had good results, so I'm happy with it.

You know, the fact that it is temporary is kind of "a-peeling" to me. See what I did there? I stated an alternative view, and did it in a humorous way.

I'm basing my opinion on the fact that it is temporary while paint is permanent.

That's exactly my point whip, I use it for temporary purposes (1-2 years). Therefore, it works great. If it's used as a permanent solution, it's being used beyond it's capability and you will see the results the "derp lovers" are getting.

That's exactly my point whip, I use it for temporary purposes (1-2 years). Therefore, it works great. If it's used as a permanent solution, it's being used beyond it's capability and you will see the results the "derp lovers" are getting.

But if you keep reapplying over and over again then you intend for it to be permanent and you should use real paint. Everyone that I have seens that uses derp does not remove it so the intention is something permanent.

Just a new perspective here.... For $34 i can turn my rims black.... For a college student that gets paid each semester, that is a good deal.... For a permanant solution, when i graduate i can get new rims. As for now, im getting a brush guard and hopefully a rim dip kit. (Yeah paint is permenant, but too expensive with a brush guard and gas)

I'd like to see a write up on how you're doing your tonneau. I've been considering doing the same but im kind of at a "where do I start" point... lol

Not about luck. Its about tools and skill my friend. Lucky for me I have a sheet metal shop and I know how I'm going to do it

I would definitely not paint it with plasti dip. It's guna get alot of rock chips and what not on it and you will not be happy. For the same price plus a little sand paper why not take the time to paint it?

Back