Post your truck off-road

Awesome videos! Thank you for your contributions [emoji869]

What size tires are you running?
Thanks dude[emoji847] i am running 33s, 285/75/16 km2. I will be going with coopers once i am done with these or maybe earlier than that if i find an interested buyer.

I will be making a walk around video to show case and give my opinion (good & bad) on mods i installed

Thanks dude[emoji847] i am running 33s, 285/75/16 km2. I will be going with coopers once i am done with these or maybe earlier than that if i find an interested buyer.

I will be making a walk around video to show case and give my opinion (good & bad) on mods i installed
Looks like they are a great setup. Stock suspension? Are you running wheel spacers for clearance? Any rubbing?

Looks like they are a great setup. Stock suspension? Are you running wheel spacers for clearance? Any rubbing?
They are good tires, but when riding on rocks especially when its all muddy, you get to see some chopping on the tread.

King performance series 2.5 with reservoirs for susspension 14 inch 700lb coils. Not too happy with coils, as they are sagging and had to add preload. I have close to 500 lbs extra on the front end. If they make 800lbs ill be the first to buy[emoji23]

I do have spacers 1.25 spidertrax, plus -25 mm offset on the wheels which is causing my tires to rub on the firewall. I wanted more stance the reason for the spacers but that created rubbing problems combining it with the coil sagging issue[emoji52][emoji52]

They are good tires, but when riding on rocks especially when its all muddy, you get to see some chopping on the tread.

King performance series 2.5 with reservoirs for susspension 14 inch 700lb coils. Not too happy with coils, as they are sagging and had to add preload. I have close to 500 lbs extra on the front end. If they make 800lbs ill be the first to buy[emoji23]

I do have spacers 1.25 spidertrax, plus -25 mm offset on the wheels which is causing my tires to rub on the firewall. I wanted more stance the reason for the spacers but that created rubbing problems combining it with the coil sagging issue[emoji52][emoji52]
I guess that's the challenge with running the stock wheels, so much negative offset. But it looks so good. I like the stock wheel look with a slight lift and proper tires. How much "adjustment" ([emoji375]) would be needed to stop the rubbing on the firewall?

I guess that's the challenge with running the stock wheels, so much negative offset. But it looks so good. I like the stock wheel look with a slight lift and proper tires. How much "adjustment" ([emoji375]) would be needed to stop the rubbing on the firewall?
Stock wheels have a positive offsett usually. Think of it this way, negative will push your tire away from the car, positive will push it inside. With positive offset you would have to worry about the cab mount chop. Adding negative offset and spacers the problem is more on the firewall[emoji58] lets just say not enough[emoji24] i need a good 0.5 to an inch to be clear. It only rubs when i am turning hard left or right

What stock wheel are you running?

Stock wheels have a positive offsett usually. Think of it this way, negative will push your tire away from the car, positive will push it inside. With positive offset you would have to worry about the cab mount chop. Adding negative offset and spacers the problem is more on the firewall[emoji58] lets just say not enough[emoji24] i need a good 0.5 to an inch to be clear. It only rubs when i am turning hard left or right
Thanks for the additional perspective. I'm trying to come with a setup for my rig and have started thinking about the possibilities... With that said (about negative and positive offset), is that why folks opt for 0 offset wheels? To avoid the potential for rubbing, either on the frame bits or firewall?

Thanks for the additional perspective. I'm trying to come with a setup for my rig and have started thinking about the possibilities... With that said (about negative and positive offset), is that why folks opt for 0 offset wheels? To avoid the potential for rubbing, either on the frame bits or firewall?
Just for refernce https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/wheel-specs.30754/

Well, i think its down to the combination of
1. wheel offset
2. tire size
3. susspension
4. Added weight

So depending on what you choose for each will determine how much rub if any you will have.

On my original stock wheels which per the thresd were +25, i had my king shocks, 33s, and extra approx 500lbs up front, and i didnt rub one bit. As soon as i put spacers on, i started rubbing on the cab mount (so i chopped away). Then i replaced my wheels with the F5s and -25 started rubbing on the firewall[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Just for refernce https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/wheel-specs.30754/

Well, i think its down to the combination of
1. wheel offset
2. tire size
3. susspension
4. Added weight

So depending on what you choose for each will determine how much rub if any you will have.

On my original stock wheels which per the thresd were +25, i had my king shocks, 33s, and extra approx 500lbs up front, and i didnt rub one bit. As soon as i put spacers on, i started rubbing on the cab mount (so i chopped away). Then i replaced my wheels with the F5s and -25 started rubbing on the firewall[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Thanks for taking the extra time to share the insight, it helps in my understanding!

Thanks for taking the extra time to share the insight, it helps in my understanding!
Anytime dude[emoji1417], thats what we all do in this forumand technicaly the goal is to help each other out. other members who have been here long enough do the same and probably more, they share what they know and give honest opinions about stuff which is super helpful, this is the first forum i joined and its a great bunch of taco guys and gals[emoji1417]

Anytime dude[emoji1417], thats what we all do in this forumand technicaly the goal is to help each other out. other members who have been here long enough do the same and probably more, they share what they know and give honest opinions about stuff which is super helpful, this is the first forum i joined and its a great bunch of taco guys and gals[emoji1417]
And we all couldn't be more grateful [emoji869] go team!

And we all couldn't be more grateful [emoji869] go team!
Im still a newbie in all of this, so not acting like i know everything [emoji41] i ask questions, research, get my hands dirty, and most importantly do mistakes to learn from them. But if you can avoid the mistakes of others, [emoji848] why not right!

Back