problems with driveshaft after 3 inch lift?

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by keith spicer, Sep 13, 2018.

1. keith spicer

keith spicer New Member

ive put on a 3inch toytec lift with spacers in front and extra leaf in rear, and a differentail drop. now im having problems with my driveshaft making noise? anyone have this problem?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Unfortunately each truck handles a lift differently. What does it sound like? Can you get video?

Bojangles likes this.
  4. n7narcosis

n7narcosis Well-Known Member

There's a 1" drop for the shaft at coupler drop I've heard about that helps support the angle of the drive shaft. Supposed to stop vibration and in your case noise. But I'd be inspecting to see if there is a reason for that noise too... Grease zerks dry?

5. OP
    keith spicer

keith spicer New Member

thanks alot

6. OP
    keith spicer

keith spicer New Member

sounds like somethings loose, like a ratteling

7. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Could be something rattling from driveshaft vibration. Generally a front diff drop is not recommended and has been known to cause issues.

Bojangles likes this.