Purchase 2018 TRD?

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by bwwais, Oct 21, 2019.

1. bwwais

bwwais Member

Looking at purchasing 2018 TRD Off-road. Any feedback on this year/model, pro’s and con’s. Thank you for your feedback in advance.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I like the off-road. 2018 has more features than the 16/17 and a lot of the bugs were worked out. Probably get a new 2019 for close to the same price with rebates and dealer discounts.

Bogunn, Lil G and B-Man like this.
  4. TucsonSteve

TucsonSteve Well-Known Member

I love my 2018

B-Man likes this.
  5. OP
    bwwais

bwwais Member

Thanks for the feedback. Some reviews complain about the comfort level of the seats and feeling cramped if you are greater than 6’. I am just under 6’ but thin. Comfort?

6. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Can’t help you on that I’m 5’6” 145. I’m comfortable in the truck

Cape taco, Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  7. rdguill

rdguill Member

I’m 6’ 1” and I am very comfortable in my trdor. I also have the useless sunroof and do not have any headroom problem. Mine is a 2016 TRDORLB.

Scott Wyman likes this.
  8. OP
    bwwais

bwwais Member

Thanks

9. Mfranklinks

Mfranklinks New Member

I’d look at the 2019 or even 2020, like others said prices should be similar.

Scott Wyman likes this.
  10. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

It’s according to what price you’re looking at for the used off road.
    Every year has more options but it’s according to what packages (premium and tech) are on the 18.

Scott Wyman likes this.
  11. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

The vertebrae in my back are only good for making soup. My back is extremely comfortable in my 2018 TRD off road. A bunch of chitt that the factory should never have let out the door bugs me, but the seats are fantastic.

Cape taco, Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  12. fishnwiz

fishnwiz Member

I find the seats a bit uncomfortable on long drives but I drive a semi with premium air ride seats all day so I’m a bit jaded. Still trying to figure out how to install one in my Tacoma

Cape taco likes this.
  13. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

I'm 61.5 - 195lbs I got 34 inseam no problems with leg or headroom and my ' 16 has a sunroof .total comfort did 800 miles from cape cod to lake George N.Y. last summer .no problem.I love my truck . And lumbar support !

Joisey, Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  14. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

The lumbar support was the first thing that I fiddled with while the salesman was prattling on endlessly about the truck. I told him if the seat doesn't fit my back, there is no sense in my knowing ANYTHING about the truck. It fit.

Cape taco and B-Man like this.