Questions on Bluetooth and Sharing Contacts in Navigator

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by David J Foti, Feb 6, 2019.

1. David J Foti

David J Foti Member

New to the forum and Taco's... Just got a 2018 Pro.

The phone works fine over the BT when making calls. However, I want to listen to a podcast playing on the phone, I get no sound. The Taco display show all the correct info regarding the podcast - what is playing, pause, play, etc... but no sound. I tried everything but no success. Suggestions appreciated.

Also, I loaded all my phone contacts into the Taco. Easy, Works great. However, I can't seem to access my contacts from the navigator - I need to reenter addresses I already have in the system. Please tell me I'm missing something...

Thank you

B-Man and texasred like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
    The first thing I would check is to make sure that your volume is up on your phone. Sometimes my iPhone will do the same with no sound or low sound when playing from it. I always make sure my volume is all the way up on the phone and then control it on the head unit.
    As far as the contacts go, make sure that you have given access to: show notifications, sync contacts, and have access to all contacts. Worst case scenario, delete out your phone and reconnect it, allowing access.
    IMG_2820.jpg
    Also, something to remember for the future. When your head unit is acting screwy you can hold the volume/power knob down for about 3-5 seconds and it will reboot the head unit. That will fix a lot of issues usually.

B-Man, OR17TRD and texasred like this.
  4. texasred

texasred Well-Known Member

Learn something all the time here.

Thanks.

B-Man, OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. :)

B-Man and texasred like this.
  6. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Taco!