Ready for a Flying Car?

drb77

SpaceX-Backed Flying Car Startup Gets FAA Nod​

By Felicity Bradstock - Mar 07, 2024, 2:00 PM CST
  • Alef Aeronautics, based in San Mateo, California, has seen an impressive number of pre-orders for its two-seater eVTOL vehicle, Model A, with plans to develop a four-seater sedan, Model Z, by 2035.
  • The company has received a Special Airworthiness Certificate from the FAA for its Model A, highlighting its innovative design and potential for commercial viability in personal and urban mobility.
  • Competitors like Joby Aviation and Lilium are also advancing in the eVTOL market, focusing on flying taxis and partnerships to facilitate urban air mobility, indicating a growing industry trend towards airborne personal transport.
  • Read the short article here; https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/SpaceX-Backed-Flying-Car-Startup-Gets-FAA-Nod.html

They went right for the Model A, and skipped the venerable Model T. Would Henry approve?
My great grandfather, a family doctor in Farmington, MO had a decked-out fancy Model A of which he was said to be very proud. But it didn't fly way back in the 1930's.

Last edited:
When flying cars become common, just imagine how 'the sky is falling' will become a reality. Chicken Little might be right after all!
And I suppose that 'mid-air car collisions' will be a category in itself.

I don't see flying vars ever being the norm. It would be total chaos. He'll, some people don't know how to be civilized on the ground. Imagine what "air rage" would be like. Yeah the sky would be falling because the Gruver of that flying car just got shot for cutting someone off.

Back