Rear breaks noise

jayhdz316

I'm experiencing rear break squeal on my 2013 Toyota Tacoma double cab. Took it to get service once already they dealer tech said it was just dust and that he clean and adjusted them. A week went by already and is starting to do it again. Anyone has experienced this problem before?

That's what the tech said that it had brake dust and needed adjustment. Service is done now hopefully this time it works. Or at least last more than a week without making noise. Thank you guys.

I have a 2011 sport and I found out that there was a TSB on the rear shoes. NOT A RECALL! Toyota changed the friction material on the shoes. You should probably check into that.

It happens to every vehicle, I deal with that same thing with other people's cars probably 20 times a day

Mine squeal a bit from brake dust, but I will say that I asked the techs at my first service to look into it. They had noticed that the rear driver-side boot was abnormally tight coming from the factory, so they fixed it free of charge.
I assume that brake cleaning is never a permanent fix due to how the dust collects, but I'd recommend using non-chlorinated sprays. Not sure why, but I'm sure there's a reason.

Now I'm no mechanic, but I'll take a beer and look at your truck anyway...

Back