Rear slider

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Series6, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Series6

Series6 Well-Known Member

another road trip. Went thru a construction section. 1/1,000,000 shot a rock shattered my slider at the back of the cab which means it came up, between the cab and bed, between the rear glass and my shell. Sounded like a shot. Toyota says the manual slider is only available as a complete unit. $1000+.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Damn that sucks!

4. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Damn it!! I'd try a salvage yard for a used window. Is this a 2nd or 3rd gen? They might be interchangeable. Pretty sure the windshield is

Scott Wyman and Series6 like this.
  5. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Scott Wyman and Series6 like this.
  6. OP
    Series6

Thanks guys. I passed a few wrecking yards and almost stopped but I was behind schedule. I'll check a few on the way home. I appreciate you researching this.

Left Olympia Thursday and 2115 miles later arrived at Raton New Mexico. Except for about 250 miles on interstate 5, the rest was secondary roads. Took a side trip to Reedsport Oregon to research a Sunbeam Alpine I heard about. Then glorious winnemucca Nevada where the incident happened. Backroads to Page Arizona and across the top of Arizona and New Mexico today. Return trip will go through Yellowstone. Never been there.

Lil G, Scott Wyman and B-Man like this.
  7. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

After Yellowstone, you're just a few hours from Glacier National Park.....it's a 'must see'.....well worth the trip. Absolutely beautiful!

8. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about the rear slider. Duct tape and cardboard will get you home. Enjoy the trip through Wyoming and Montana. I used to live in Great Falls MT. Its gorgeous up there this time of year.

B-Man and Lil G like this.
  9. OP
    Series6

Got the tape from carquest in winnemucca. Took it to a 25 cent car wash to vacuum out most of the glass but still find some.

Thanks for the tip on Glacier NP I'll save that one. Pretty sure it will be crowded Labor Day

B-Man, Scott Wyman and Lil G like this.
  10. OP
    Series6

Yellowstone- I don't have the vocabulary to describe it.

Next trip to New Mexico via >>>Monument Valley.
    Maybe Glacier. Next August trip.

B-Man and Scott Wyman like this.