Relationships

I did however want to say Texasred that your story left me smiling. I like how you started out suggesting a train wreck story and then the suprise with the happy ending :) happy 20th anniversary in April!

I also liked your outlook on life..."You only go around once in life. You want to spend it asking yourself “what if?”".. soooo True!

I did however want to say Texasred that your story left me smiling. I like how you started out suggesting a train wreck story and then the suprise with the happy ending :) happy 20th anniversary in April!

I also liked your outlook on life..."You only go around once in life. You want to spend it asking yourself “what if?”".. soooo True!

Dating your best friend, especially if you work with them, isn’t great odds for sure!

My old philosophy was “ you only go around once in life, so let’s get it over with quick!” [emoji79]

Laughing.... i much prefer your new philosophy :) time and it's fast ticking clock will take care of your old philosophy ;)

You sure defied the odds my friend! You let your heart rule and it sure ruled in your favor :)

Congratulations!
What a great story.

I met this lady through a mutual friend a few years ago.
I was having some people over to spend the day out on my boat with me. My friend called that morning and asked if she could bring her friend along, of course I said yes. Well we hit it off well immediately, and she has become my very best friend. The age gap between us was a concern, I don't want to be the creepy old man, and besides she is incredibly beautiful, smart, and funny...way out of my league.
So glad that she likes me as more than a friend also, and she said age doesn't matter at all to her. She likes that I am mature and have my **** together.

I met my wife 23 years ago playing softball. We hung out she went off to college and moved about 2 hours from here. I got married and then divorced. We reunited about ten years and two kids ago. Honestly the best thing that ever happened to me. My best friend and a great wife. We will be married 8 years in May. I’m so blessed. B.C I’m saying all that because if you get the chance take it before it slips away. If you and her want to date go for it but if that doesn’t work out now it may later.

I met my wife 23 years ago playing softball. We hung out she went off to college and moved about 2 hours from here. I got married and then divorced. We reunited about ten years and two kids ago. Honestly the best thing that ever happened to me. My best friend and a great wife. We will be married 8 years in May. I’m so blessed. B.C I’m saying all that because if you get the chance take it before it slips away. If you and her want to date go for it but if that doesn’t work out now it may later.
Great advice Lil G! ... Seize the moment.

I think that's great that you reconnected and married and are raising a family together. So nice to hear that your wife is your best friend and best thing that ever happened in your life :) a very nice story on Valentine's Day.

While many may disagree, I have always believed in love at first sight and your nice story reinforces my belief. What a great love story Scott! You shared an instant mutual attraction when your eyes set upon each other and fell in love at that moment. I think it is wonderful that you acted on it immediately and that the romance and passion has continued to blossom into a long, loving relationship that still shines today. Nice! :) Happy Valentine's Day to a wonderful couple.
Thanks Backroader. It does take two to make it work.

My story seems like a composite of all the stories each of you shared. :) I met my wife at work (honey and money same place :)) although we were friends for many years. I am 16 years older and that difference never entered into the equation when our friendship turned to romance after many years.. The fact that there was a mutual attraction was more the surprise to each of us. So the moment was not seized but the time passed was worth the wait. We are best friends and the magic still sparkles. We then discovered spontaneity Once dating for a short time, we planned on going on a trip together. Instead we bought a house, sold our own homes and moved in together seven years ago. Last year, on the spur of the moment we said let's get married. We (my wife) planned and organized the wedding in 3 months! It was wonderful and we will soon be celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary. I guess we learned not to miss opportunity, take a chance, it's never too late, and life should never be about what ifs?

My story seems like a composite of all the stories each of you shared. :) I met my wife at work (honey and money same place :)) although we were friends for many years. I am 16 years older and that difference never entered into the equation when our friendship turned to romance after many years.. The fact that there was a mutual attraction was more the surprise to each of us. So the moment was not seized but the time passed was worth the wait. We are best friends and the magic still sparkles. We then discovered spontaneity Once dating for a short time, we planned on going on a trip together. Instead we bought a house, sold our own homes and moved in together seven years ago. Last year, on the spur of the moment we said let's get married. We (my wife) planned and organized the wedding in 3 months! It was wonderful and we will soon be celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary. I guess we learned not to miss opportunity, take a chance, it's never too late, and life should never be about what ifs?

All I can say is that I totally agree.

Back