Replaced head lights

It looks nice. My buddy just did the quicky polish thing but I bet it won't last. He did it while we were on the phone, by hand, and he didn't even get out of breath and he smokes a pack and a half a day lol. I told him he should just replace them.

I looked online and they aren't that expensive, about $100.00 for a set and it takes maybe an hour or so to change them.

They suck I can't get them to adjust down. they are aimed to high up and it will not come down. [emoji1304]

Who installed them? If you did, maybe go over the process and see if they maybe weren't seated properly? If a shop did it, bring it back.

Who made the lights, are they a major brand?

I got them to adjust but when you go to high beam the light is not good. I don't remember the name that they are. I'm just going to pay for the Toyota ones after Christmas comes

Some capa lights (pretty sure its capa certified) are decent... almost all aftermarket housing have crap optics.
Theres like 2 or 3 with good reviews but i am not able to remember who they were.
Try and get some like new oem lights.

The passenger side was not shining good so I looked at it and the part that holds the bulb in broke. I ordered a new one from Toyota 325.00 for one. I'm going to go ahead and order the other one tomorrow and just take the screwing from Toyota [emoji1304]

I had to replace one headlamp to to a cracked housing. I polish the plastic lens every year and they seem to stay clear. You can purchase compound/kits at your local auto parts store.

Just picked up the new ones from Toyota and they came with all the bulbs. Dropping it off in the morning to have them installed.

I think that might be a common problem with some Tacomas?? The install is quite easy!! Four bolts and youtube vids to help.
Extremely, there was either a tsb or a recall for trucks with dtrl and this issue

You can polish them with one of those kits. But make sure you spray some clear coat on them or they will fade quickly. Get a good clear coat, not cheap as it will yellow.

Got the recall down on my set from toyota and my headlights are to high also. Cant get them to come down.
Did u take it back to the dealership?
after i had my leafpack tsb done i had them bring my lights up for free.

They changed the aiming by changing something... so they fixed it as it is safety oriented.

They said it was fine, but at the same time, they were trying to find a noise and vibration that i had. Well after replacing all my u joints, upper and lower control arms, one shock, front links, sway bar, center carrier mount, and new tires and the two headlights ALL FOR FREE because I had just bought the truck. Well after all that it got better but still had the noise. The vibration was gone for the most part. So i had a tech at my shop, I work at Lexus, he looked at and $45 later and lunch my truck was fixed. It was my pinion bearing the whole time. That's why I never went back. O well got a lot of free stuff because they sucked. lol .

Back