Replacing the front shocks and struts on an '08 Tacoma...at a discount

tre1

Hey everyone, it's Trevor. Here's something interesting...over the Thanksgiving holiday I found myself online, searching for auto parts. Specifically, a set of front shocks and struts for my '08 Tacoma. To my surprise, I stumbled upon some struts on APX Auto Parts' website.

Here's the interesting part, though...a 5% discount (code: toys5) was also being offered, on top of the warranty :)! Plus free shipping.

Anyways, I hope this has been of some help...Particularly to those who may be looking to replace the shocks and struts on their 2nd gen Tacoma. I welcome the feedback. Thanks.

Just purchased Monroe OESpectrum shocks and struts for my 2009 Tacoma 4x4. I have the back shocks installed and all fasteners on the front shock assembly soaking in a mix of ATF/acetone. Anyone have links or helpful hints to aid in finishing the install of the front shocks??? I'm getting a $75 Visa card from Monroe...
That will cover the $$$ of the back shocks.

Could not drop the lower control arm to remove the shock and coil assembly?? The mounting points of the lower control arm to the frame are quite rusty. Soaking with ATF/Acetone got the nuts and bolts free....

This may be a dumb question: Must the front sway bar and links be removed to lower the a-arm and aid in shock and coil removal???

Could not drop the lower control arm to remove the shock and coil assembly?? The mounting points of the lower control arm to the frame are quite rusty. Soaking with ATF/Acetone got the nuts and bolts free....

This may be a dumb question: Must the front sway bar and links be removed to lower the a-arm and aid in shock and coil removal???
Ya

Yes must disconnect frt sway bar links to drop a bit more , replace front sway bar bushings with new Energy absorbtion Polyutrethane ones and at same time replace the Bump Stops with Energy Absorbtion with urethane ones too, did mine in all red, want to R&R Steering Rack Bushings next this summer and watch it handle and drive better than ever! You will love it and they last forever , never rot like OEM Rubber ones .

A BIG THANK YOU to pinktaco!!! Just installed the front shocks. Pretty easy.... just had to fight the rusted fasteners:(( Hey Rambo... you got a link to those bushings??? I'll get those next time. I'm enjoying s nice cold Labatt Blue!!

Back