Right rear wheel bearing cost

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by elmonorojo, Nov 11, 2017.

1. elmonorojo

elmonorojo New Member

Hi all,

I have a 2010 Toyota Tacoma, 6cyl, double cab. Its been making this "road noise" for awhile now, only notice it on the highway. I took it to the mechanic, and they said the right rear bearing is about to go and needs replacing. They quoted $800 - is this too much? If so, what should I be paying (im in Houston, Tx). Should I shop around some more?

I looked into doing it myself, and I just don't really have the time to futz with it.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

That's just ridiculous , you've got maybe , maybe $100 for a bearing & $700 for labor ? Hell I'd do that all day long for that much $$$ Should be about $300 with parts...

4. 4wd

4wd Well-Known Member

Even if replacing the ABS tone ring & retainers would add $120 (including labor for pressing the retainers & ring) So $ 450 absolute tops...

So yeah, they're trying to screw you HARD

Bogunn likes this.
  5. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Damn.. This sounds like stealership prices. @4wd is right that is too much. I would shop around

Bogunn and 4wd like this.