Right rear wheel bearing cost

elmonorojo

Hi all,

I have a 2010 Toyota Tacoma, 6cyl, double cab. Its been making this "road noise" for awhile now, only notice it on the highway. I took it to the mechanic, and they said the right rear bearing is about to go and needs replacing. They quoted $800 - is this too much? If so, what should I be paying (im in Houston, Tx). Should I shop around some more?

I looked into doing it myself, and I just don't really have the time to futz with it.

Hi all,

I have a 2010 Toyota Tacoma, 6cyl, double cab. Its been making this "road noise" for awhile now, only notice it on the highway. I took it to the mechanic, and they said the right rear bearing is about to go and needs replacing. They quoted $800 - is this too much? If so, what should I be paying (im in Houston, Tx). Should I shop around some more?

I looked into doing it myself, and I just don't really have the time to futz with it.

That's just ridiculous , you've got maybe , maybe $100 for a bearing & $700 for labor ? Hell I'd do that all day long for that much $$$ Should be about $300 with parts...

Even if replacing the ABS tone ring & retainers would add $120 (including labor for pressing the retainers & ring) So $ 450 absolute tops...

So yeah, they're trying to screw you HARD

Hi all,

Damn.. This sounds like stealership prices. @4wd is right that is too much. I would shop around

Damn.. This sounds like stealership prices. @4wd is right that is too much. I would shop around
I did this it costed 100 to press in the new bearing the seal is about 20 bucks you can do the labor yourself it's only brakes removal and 4 main bolts that hold the wheel hub to axel

Back