Roadtrip…

A worldly traveler like yourself?...come-on....come to think of it, I've never heard it either.

i checked the maps
its on interstate highway 25 on the CO/NM border which i have not been on but have been VERY close on a few occasions

1693912534318.png

made it to Springer one late night on a wheel from KCMO
the absolut most boring uneventful trip thru Kansas one could ever think of

i checked the maps
its on interstate highway 25 on the CO/NM border which i have not been on but have been VERY close on a few occasions

View attachment 40168

made it to Springer one late night on a wheel from KCMO
the absolute most boring uneventful trip thru Kansas one could ever think of
I've ran that route so many times from Dallas to Denver going back to 1988 I could probley do it with my eyes closed lol. Seriously, I believe its the easiest Mountain Pass in Colorado and I promise you I've had to downshift from 6th gear down to to forth and sometimes 3rd gear if I'm running on 87 octane. :D

If around 5k ft, you may start feeling some power loss due to the altitude. I thought I felt a little when at the summit of mt greylok last summer in my tacoma, or maybe it was climbing those 2 last steep switchback turns.

Not even close to around 5k ft :confused:

Mount Greylock in northwest Massachusetts is the highest point in the state at 3,489 feet
Yeah, but if you've driven up to bascom lodge, the last couple switchbacks on the narrow road going up there are pretty steep. You can feel the truck begin to labor a little near the top. The view of the glen below is breathtaking, if not cloudy out. In the winter the state closes the roads from the visitor ctr. to the summit for snowmobilers, and hikers.

Last edited:
My last big trip was in my gen1 tundra. No real big adventures in the taco yet.

get that rig west of the Mississippi! :)
start in Buffalo/Niagara Falls and goto Mexico on the same road through hillbilly land

Last edited:
I use it as it's needed, like today drove into town with it to pickup some custom made drapes for the bedroom windows. Been installing them today....what a pita. Had to drill new holes for mounting these curtain rods. Snow can't come soon enough where I can take a day trip up north.

Had some on/off high winds and rain but got plenty of shooting in since Sunday. John M. Browning Museum last Friday, Shelby American Museum on Saturday and 5 days of shooting. Great trip so far. Leaving in the morning and still haven’t decided on route back.

Attachments

• IMG_9492.jpeg
    IMG_9492.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
Montana 200 is nice i hear, i've been on bits of it during the bitter winter
in fact, it is THE LONGEST state highway route in the USA at 700+ miles ND 2 ID

1694740216623.png

1694740396807.png

Back