Roof Racks

BeachTaco

Any one with experience of using an alternative to the Toyota OEM Roof Rack? They are about twice the price of alternatives and wondering if worth the extra cost.

I had the OEM it was ok. Didn’t have a big load capacity. I think it was like 150lbs iirc

Put these on about a month ago got 'm on Craigslist 20 bucks new. Take your time doing the install I watched a couple you tube videos to get an idea of how to .the front mounting bracket was kinda a bitch to line up and had to use a rubber mallet to adjust it after it was bolted to the roof but not a big deal .put a moving tarp on the roof so u don't scratch the roof . I did but racks covered it lol good luck . mine were about 160 new .guy dry fit them and said they looked to bulky .I like bulky

Attachments

• 20181229_122721_HDR.jpg
    20181229_122721_HDR.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Put these on about a month ago got 'm on Craigslist 20 bucks new. Take your time doing the install I watched a couple you tube videos to get an idea of how to .the front mounting bracket was kinda a bitch to line up and had to use a rubber mallet to adjust it after it was bolted to the roof but not a big deal .put a moving tarp on the roof so u don't scratch the roof . I did but racks covered it lol good luck . mine were about 160 new .guy dry fit them and said they looked to bulky .I like bulky
Looks great from here!

I like that look.

Back