Running 91 octane

I do feel that running a higher octane does make for better throttle response and mileage. But maybe that was just me over thinking it. Also usually fill up from a discounted gas station (0.05 off per L) if you pay with debit or cash. So who really knows the quality of that fuel. LOL.

I do feel that running a higher octane does make for better throttle response and mileage. But maybe that was just me over thinking it. Also usually fill up from a discounted gas station (0.05 off per L) if you pay with debit or cash. So who really knows the quality of that fuel. LOL.
Drive by wire is your biggest enemy in regards to throttle response.

The book says 87 so that’s what I’ve ran. 1 tank of premium a couple of months ago and the taco tick got quieter. That’s the only difference I’ve noticed.

I’ve tried at least two tanks of each 93, 87, and back to 91 where I started. She’ll from the same station with 10% Yeckanol. Mixed driving. 20mpg all of em. No noticeable change in drivability.

Saw mpg drop 22 to 20 after taking off the air dam. [emoji849]

I’ve tried at least two tanks of each 93, 87, and back to 91 where I started. She’ll from the same station with 10% Yeckanol. Mixed driving. 20mpg all of em. No noticeable change in drivability.

Saw mpg drop 22 to 20 after taking off the air dam. [emoji849]

Dont have an air dam here
I prolly have winterblend ****s...

I rlly noticed a change when i threw on the tonnaue cover a couple years ago. I went from 21 to 17 mpg.
I was hoping it was the sparkplugs.... But i just changed those.

So im just gunna assume the 60lb cover killed the mileage.
Gotta keep things secure when we travel tho, and the backseat is Dugs property, so.....fuggit

Nothing else has been changed on the truck since ..so

Back