Running board assistance

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by ChrisRHays, Jul 4, 2019.

1. ChrisRHays

ChrisRHays Member

First time Toyota owner and I am very happy with the switch so far. I do have a question, I have searched the internet and can’t find a kit to lower my boards .. I don’t like where they currently sit.. any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks! IMG_1562255267.735201.jpg

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. bdarnold12

bdarnold12 Well-Known Member

Ive seen those steps on many tacos, I think they don't even look right being that high not only basically useless. Mine came with the preditor steps which aren't perfect but at least useful. I doubt you'll find a relocation kit to purchase. Best bet might be to look for a fabrication guy and have him make you a set of brackets to lower them to where you want them. And then as a side note, patent them, you could probably sell the brackets faster than you could get them made. Those are nice looking boards, just in the wrong place.

ChrisRHays likes this.
  4. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

I think most non-stop step boards sit like that. Mine do. I just got used to ducking a little after I step up to get in. 20190704_171443.jpg

Tacomania and B-Man like this.
  5. elvin swank

elvin swank Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the height or the placing of the step pad if its the step pad I'd have to say switch sides the larger pad should be at the front door

OR17TRD and Scott Wyman like this.
  6. OP
    ChrisRHays

ChrisRHays Member

Well I think I am just gonna buy a new set that sits lower, even tho I like the looks of mine they suck!

OR17TRD and lcarrasco212 like this.
  7. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :)

Probably have to get new ones that sit how you want them to.
    If you were a fabricator you could make some brackets that would drop it. You might be able to hire someone to do that but it might cost as much as getting new ones and selling these.
    Good luck.

B-Man likes this.
  8. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

You're right. It looks like his are on the wrong sides.

9. OP
    ChrisRHays

ChrisRHays Member

Ty sir , very happy with the truck and it fits my needs. First time Toyota owner, switched from ford

OR17TRD and Scott Wyman like this.
  10. OP
    ChrisRHays

ChrisRHays Member

Ooops I didn’t even notice! Ty I will swap them.. I assumed the dealer put them on

Scott Wyman likes this.