Sad newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Huckataco, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Huckataco

Huckataco Member

My 06 lifted TRD off-road taco was totaled by a drunk driver. 168,000 perfect miles. Now prices are much higher. Used to off-road way more than I do now. Now what? I was hoping to get taco that I could live without lifting and new tire\wheel. TRD Pro, maybe but too expensive. SR5 & TRD Off-road? NOT! Gonna have to mod Here I go again research, research, research.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Welcome! Sorry to hear this. Did the drunk driver have insurance? Did you have uninsured motorist on your policy?

4. Backroader

Backroader Well-Known Member

That is terrible news. I hope everyone is well and as B-Man asked have adequate insurance coverage. Good luck with the decisions to be made and hope you are back on the road soon!

5. OP
    Huckataco

Huckataco Member

Yes they had insurance.

B.C., Cape taco, OR17TRD and 2 others like this.
  6. Backroader

Backroader Well-Known Member

That's a Relief!

7. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Then an estimate of value to their insurance company and they should issue you a check. Hound them for it until they pay up. They'll drag their feet on purpose.

8. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Welcome to the family. Sorry to hear about your beloved Taco. Post some photos of your new truck.

B.C., Cape taco, B-Man and 1 other person like this.
  9. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum :)

B.C., Cape taco and B-Man like this.
  10. OP
    Huckataco

Huckataco Member

Received over 50% of what I paid in 2006, is that good?

B.C. and Cape taco like this.
  11. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

Welcome and I hope you are ok .! There is more tacos for everyone out there .If you look it will come grasshopper!

Backroader, B-Man and B.C. like this.
  12. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

I love the hunt that's sometimes the best part !

Backroader, B-Man and B.C. like this.
  13. OP
    Huckataco

Huckataco Member

Damn, everything is way more expensive, Looking for desert racing wannabe suspension and wheels /tires