Should I remove the TRD Sport sticker?

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by Geo Adventure Pro, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Just bought a 2018 cement color sport. I'm going to black out (dip) the Tacoma and V6 chrome as well as the fender flares. Not really digging on the TRD Sport graphic. Does anyone have pics with this removed and what's the best way? Also, is this some form of sacrilege in the Toyota world? I'm kinda surprised by how many people keep the graphics.

Attached Files:

Leadstaco, Cape taco and tomarx2taco like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Rocket tech

Rocket tech Well-Known Member

I removed the TRD Sport graphic from my 2011 taco in 2011. I now have a 2016 TRD Sport but left graphic on. I removed the 2011 with a blowdryer on high and start heating the edge of graphic . You will be able to start peeling it away. Takes a little bit of time but not really that big of a deal.

Geo Adventure Pro and Bogunn like this.
  4. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

There’s a lot of people that debadge the Tacos.
    Heat, goo gone, and fishing line or a good plastic scraper. Just be careful with the paint.

Cryoman and Geo Adventure Pro like this.
  5. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

0AAC8118-A4E2-4BB5-9160-A2AB512AAFD3.jpeg 96FF37F9-DAF4-4E55-A2FB-7F2A011AD598.jpeg I took all the badges off mine. The V6 was gone in the first few days I owned it. I took the V6 and Tacoma badges off with a heat gun and fishing line. The TRD offroad sticker I did it on a warm day and just used my fingernail to start it. Once I got it started I pulled it up at a 45 degree angle and kept a constant and consistent pull at that angle until it was off. There was hardly any residue left over. I used a little goo gone to clean it up. Warm soap and water to wash it. Used some spray wax on it and haven’t looked back. I love the way it looks with no badges.

6. OR17TRD

I’d take them all off. It looks cleaner that way.

7. OP
    Geo Adventure Pro

Geo Adventure Pro Member

Nice truck! I think that's the look I'm going to lead toward.

OR17TRD likes this.
  8. OR17TRD

Thanks. I think you’ll be happy with everything off. The 2018 cement sport will look like the 2017 Pro if it’s debadged, has a pro grille and you remove the plastic lower air dam valance.

Geo Adventure Pro likes this.
  9. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

IMG_0166.jpg

This is a Sport minus all the stickers and badges. I used a heat gun and PLASTIC razor blade. Piece of cake!

OR17TRD likes this.
  10. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

I like my emblems. Screenshot_20180128-200428.jpg

Bogunn likes this.
  11. natural9er

natural9er Well-Known Member

Got a 2017 I took all the chrome off and got matte black badges all around, personally I’m going to keep my trd sport sticker on.

Bogunn likes this.
  12. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

OR17TRD i like the mud stickers you put on the lower part of the doors and rockers makes the truck look so sweet lol. ;) that's a good looking truck I like the way it sits .

OR17TRD likes this.
  13. OR17TRD

Thanks, those are custom, makes it look like I use it :D

Cape taco likes this.
  14. Cape taco

I gotta git me some of them !

OR17TRD likes this.
  15. OR17TRD

Find some of these :) B84E239B-F04D-4988-8617-A847CF5CE6A3.jpeg

16. Cape taco

Nice :D

OR17TRD likes this.
  17. Cape taco

I'd really like one of these !! Now that's stupid cool !! Yeehaw ! Screenshot_2018-03-02-15-34-44~2.png

OR17TRD likes this.
  18. OR17TRD

I bet the guys in the 20’s running booze would loose it if someone drove up in that to pick up bottles. Haha

Crawdad, Cape taco and Bogunn like this.
  19. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I like my TRD stickers and emblems too. I’ve thought about blacking them out because I don’t really care for the chrome. I added this today. IMG_1566.JPG

OR17TRD and kp.taco like this.
  20. Cape taco

I'm getting one of these from eBay Screenshot_2018-03-08-19-41-45~3.png

Rocket tech and Bogunn like this.
  21. OR17TRD

Back when that was said daily by grade school children. Ask an 8 yr old if they know what the pledge of allegiance is 9/10 won’t be able to tell you or even know what you’re talking about.

Rocket tech, Bogunn and kp.taco like this.