Should I Stay or Should I Go

B.C.

I want to start off by saying that you guys are an awesome bunch, and I really enjoy this forum.
But I will leave it up to you all to decide if I should go, since I have decided not to buy a Tacoma after all.
My personality is not to bash, so I sure won't ever bad mouth them, just chose a different option is all.
If it is too weird having me here I understand and shall simply stop posting, no drama.
Either way, you guys rock!

It’s always great to hear from a person looking in and without blinders on. What did you end going with? I almost bought a Colorado and was thinking frontier also. All are great trucks but mine was decided more on interest rate and price.

Hey B.C.!

I sure hope you stay. Your posts are enjoyable and you are a wonderful addition to the family. Having a different perspective is both interesting and enlightening for all of us. Here's a deal to consider... you get choice on the vehicle, we get choice you stay :)

I vote that you stay. Even though you don't own a taco there are many things discussed here that aren't exclusive to taco's. Sure you might get ribbed from time to time but it's all in fun, hopefully you'll take it that way. I view these forums as a bunch of people just hangin out, maybe tossing back a couple of drinks, discussing their adventures, successes and failures, and yes, their trucks. Its as much about the fellowship as the trucks.

I vote that you stay. Even though you don't own a taco there are many things discussed here that aren't exclusive to taco's. Sure you might get ribbed from time to time but it's all in fun, hopefully you'll take it that way. I view these forums as a bunch of people just hangin out, maybe tossing back a couple of drinks, discussing their adventures, successes and failures, and yes, their trucks. Its as much about the fellowship as the trucks.

Exactly!!!

Thanks everyone!
I just don't want anyone to feel animosity about me not buying a taco, so asked you all. I truly enjoy this forum, because of the great people.
In the end I have ordered a GMC Canyon with the gas V6 and long box. Sure it will have its problems, its a GMC after all, but seemed like a nice enough little pickup. Should be here in 10 to 12 weeks, and I will hopefully be out of the wheelchair and driving around about then.

Thanks everyone!
I just don't want anyone to feel animosity about me not buying a taco, so asked you all. I truly enjoy this forum, because of the great people.
In the end I have ordered a GMC Canyon with the gas V6 and long box. Sure it will have its problems, its a GMC after all, but seemed like a nice enough little pickup. Should be here in 10 to 12 weeks, and I will hopefully be out of the wheelchair and driving around about then.
I wish you a speedy recovery BC. A couple of yeads ago I had the opportunity to drive a canyon for a couple of hours. First impressions was it was a very nice truck. Even the basic fleet version was well equipped with most of the creature comforts. I didn't drive it long enough to start nit picking things I liked or didn't like but overall I was impressed, nice truck.

They told me to take one home I liked and drive it for a day or two, I drove three, and took home for a couple of nights a gas V6. My friend actually drove it more than I did, its awkward to drive right now to say the least. It made more power it feels like, but honestly didn't look up the actual numbers. The diesel was very disappointing when we tried it, it felt like gas engine is someone had pulled the plug wires off 3 of the 6 cylinders. GMC let me order a fairly loaded truck with the longer box still, and it felt like it handled a twisty road a little bit better than some of the others we drove. Tried the Ranger for a little drive, wasn't impressed at all. If i was going to primarily use it offroad I would have ordered a Jeep Gladiator in Rubicon trim. What a beast that was, it would not be necessary to use my driveway in it, just drive through the deep ditches instead. As fun as it would be offroad, reality is I spend 98% of my life on pavement, and there it felt cumbersome and was obnoxiously loud on the hwy, and it could use some more ponies under the hood also. After driving six brands, I went with the Canyon, would rank the Nissan and Ford a tie for last place. The Jeep would be most fun offroad or just driving around town looking for curbs and ditches to drive through or over.

I think you should stay because if I left I hope the tacomanians I have come to know here would still like to have me around ! And we can compare notes on the rig u get even if its not Taco based. So my vote is to hang around and good luck with your recovery! :)

Last edited:
Back