Smart key push button start advice

My Big Red Button , from Staples would work !
Don't Cut the Black Wire !
Cross the Yellow and green wires to get the special effects ...

Never really thought about it,but what happens if your battery dies in the fob, how do you start the truck? Is there a warning sign that your battery is running low in the fob?

Never really thought about it,but what happens if your battery dies in the fob, how do you start the truck? Is there a warning sign that your battery is running low in the fob?
The battery operates the lock/unlock for your doors.....there's an RFID chip in the fob and that communicates with your computer to allow it to start with a dead fob battery. Friend of mine took his battery out of the fob and his started jus fine.

The battery operates the lock/unlock for your doors.....there's an RFID chip in the fob and that communicates with your computer to allow it to start with a dead fob battery. Friend of mine took his battery out of the fob and his started jus fine.
Good to know,thank you! This is my first push button vehicle, hard to get used to not needing a key, but it's awesome! I would hate to go back to a key after this, lol!

Yup^^^^
The RFID will work. If the battery dies and it doesn’t want to pick it up just hold the fob closer to the start button.

Now, when I start mine to let it warm up......I shut the door and walk away and it beeps 3 times and locks the doors while running.......when I was leaving work and stopped at the local pump-n-dump to get a coffee for the way home I left it running......got out......shut the door......there's 3 beeps and it locks all the doors with it running.......came back out......touched the back of the driver's handle and you can hear the doors unlock. It'll do what you guys are describing.
Mine will do that also. I do have the remote start and it sucks that when you use it, the truck shuts off when you open the door.

I have a 2011 sr5 taco 2wd that im considering trading in for a 2018 sr5 or trd 4x4 dc lb but im not sure about the durability of the smart key push button start feature. Ive never had it or used it. Id appreciate any info about it. Thsnks
My wife has it in her 2010 4runner no issues, I love it.

Back