So i did a thing yesterday

Strangely im wondering how many of these other parts are interchangeable.
Also, with my hint, im wondering if that many 3rd genners are using these parts from a second gen

They’re different? lol
Inside of the bed still looks 2nd gen to me. Thought they were the same.

3rd gens that ive seen have a front rail thats raised up taller (not the rail for the cleats like on the sides). It makes the top of the corners (front and left/right) flush.

2nd gens top bed rails/caps are not even.... the sides are taller than the front.
Makes my bed cover less than water tight at the front. Id take a pic of my rail right now but its covered by said cover.

Heres a 2nd gen... look at the height difference from the side vs front, nevermind the arrow, just look at height difference.
Ive tried camper tape and its a **** idea, its too thin.
ground.jpg

Now look at a 3rd gen and how its pretty damn level.
IMG_3582.jpg

I should retain my original rail/deck system up front and just add this part on.

3rd gens that ive seen have a front rail thats raised up taller (not the rail for the cleats like on the sides). It makes the top of the corners (front and left/right) flush.

2nd gens top bed rails/caps are not even.... the sides are taller than the front.
Makes my bed cover less than water tight at the front. Id take a pic of my rail right now but its covered by said cover.

Heres a 2nd gen... look at the height difference from the side vs front, nevermind the arrow, just look at height difference.
Ive tried camper tape and its a **** idea, its too thin.
View attachment 16617

Now look at a 3rd gen and how its pretty damn level.
View attachment 16618

I should retain my original rail/deck system up front and just add this part on.

Ah, I see.

Nice... I've been researching about using the 3rd gen slow release tailgate hinges on 2nd gen. From what I can tell it's not possible without lots of modification. [emoji853]

I wasn’t sure if it could even be done but when that thought popped into mind, I thought it was a pretty great thing to look into. I used to make fun of trucks with the slow release tailgates but now I’m really getting used to it, plus it doesn’t rattle the camera when it drops. It’s fun to psych out the dogs too. “Waaait fooor it!!!” [emoji23]

Back