Spin on oil filter adapter

23TxTaco

Hi,
I have a 2023 Tacoma V6 that I would like to convert the oil filter to a spin on. I saw the Baxter and this came up searching. This is claimed as an OE part Toyota does sell but no part numbers. It looks to be a direct swap to the factory housing.
Thank you,
Dustin

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230810_145122_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230810_145122_Chrome.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 14
This thread doesn't make much sense when you think about it. If the right tools are used to remove the composite oil filter housing, there's really no need for a spin on adaptor. You'll save money in the end with the stock setup.

Removing it is fine. The times it's gone back on its leaked like he'll, go out, buy another cheap filter just for the orings take it back apart change the orings again and pray the damn thing doesn't leak

There's zero reasons for any leaks unless you're not installing those o-rings properly, or not using the proper oil filter housing wrench to remove, or install them. The motivx wrench is what you want. Make sure you put some oil lube on those o-rings before installing the housing. Don't forget to fill the housing with motor oil before installing it too, and don't over torque it. You can feel the housing bottom out when its threaded in far enough...stop there. It's such a simple job, it's hard to believe anyone can screw it up.

There's zero reasons for any leaks unless you're not installing those o-rings properly, or not using the proper oil filter housing wrench to remove, or install them. The motivx wrench is what you want. Make sure you put some oil lube on those o-rings before installing the housing. Don't forget to fill the housing with motor oil before installing it too, and don't over torque it. You can feel the housing bottom out when its threaded in far enough...stop there. It's such a simple job, it's hard to believe anyone can screw it up.

This

Convert it to a spin-on type and relocate the oil filter housing up top somewhere for easy and clean oil change. I've seen 4runner and FJ guys have done it ( YT channel 'off-road hub' shows you how). If you want to eliminate the OEM oil filter housing all together and make room for a solid axle swap, Instagram user @maxari_co has and oil block-off plate adapter that allows you to run lines to a remote Oil filter housing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240115_205848_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240115_205848_Instagram.jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Removing it is fine. The times it's gone back on its leaked like he'll, go out, buy another cheap filter just for the orings take it back apart change the orings again and pray the damn thing doesn't leak

Use a OEM Toyota oil filter. They are less than $8 and come with new O-rings

Back