Sr no keyless entry

jd467

Just bought a 2020 Sr with no keyless entry. Has anybody had experience with aftermarket fobs. Ive read some alarm system fobs can facilitate keyless entry.

Just bought a 2020 Sr with no keyless entry. Has anybody had experience with aftermarket fobs. Ive read some alarm system fobs can facilitate keyless entry.

I have 2018 sr, i got mine from local best buy store with lifetime warranty. Compustar is the brand. It has been 18 months with no problems. remote start with keyless entry.

I had the dealer install a Avital alarm with remote start and keyless entry at no cost. just don't like how it unlocks both doors at the same time.

I'd recommend a viper keyless. They have so many varieties and I got one with remote start, keyless entry and alarm. It works perfectly and I've had it a couple years now with no issues..

I had the Avital 5305L installed with remote start and the Avital is made by the same company that makes the viper and a little cheaper. It comes with a LCD remote and a secondary remote. The one thing I like about the LCD remote is you can replace the battery it's a AAA battery and it also will let you know if someone or something bumps your truck and it will show you which door is open and several other features. The Auto start is great feature to warm up your truck. I start mine every morning about 5 minutes before leaving to work to let the engine warm up. I also had the trunk release set to unlock the tailgate after installing the remote tailgate unlock feature. Now the Viper is also a great alarm and I have used the viper alarms for many years but of course the dealer only offered me the Avital alarm. So i picked out the model that I had them install after doing a little research because I wanted the best from the Dealer they had to offer or other wise they would of done like my last truck and installed some piece of junk that I ripped out after 6 months and installed a viper myself. So for the bang of your buck check out the Avital 5305L model.

Back