Start up image file

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by sctaco94, Apr 21, 2016.

1. sctaco94

sctaco94 Well-Known Member

Trying to install a new start up image on my touch screen. I've read through the manual and it doesn't say exactly what kind of file you have to have? I've said one image under every file type my computer has and it still says no images available on my flash drive.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Mike991GTS

Mike991GTS Well-Known Member

Call Kendall Toyota Scion of Bend Oregon. I just got my new Tacoma from them 3 weeks ago. I noticed one day their logo popped up on the screen at start up. I called and asked how the did that, but i was told it was easy. I havnt had time to try inputting something of my own. Somebody at Kendall knows, good luck!! Let us all know the process when you can.

4. OP
    sctaco94

Damn call across the country to figure it out haha I'll make that tomorrow. I screwed with it for hours the other day and seriously couldn't figure out which file. Used a phone, two different kinds of storage devices and nothing worked

5. wbeard

wbeard Well-Known Member

USB flash drive. Be sure the pic JPG format

6. OP
    sctaco94

I tried JPEG on two difference kinds of flash drives and it still didn't read it

7. Mike991GTS

You have to name the files a certain way, i can send you the link from my dealer? They sent me a you tube video on how to do it. My truck had there logo in it when i got it.

8. Demo Man

Demo Man Well-Known Member

I'm interested in that as well. Post it up brother.

9. OP
    sctaco94

Yeah dude send it our way

10. Mike991GTS

How, give me your email, i can send it that way

11. Mike991GTS

12. Mike991GTS

That was easy, i figured it out

13. Demo Man

PM sent with my email

14. Demo Man

Ha. Never mind. Didn't notice it was the video. I'll have to try that. Thanks for the info. Good post.

15. WiskyT

WiskyT Well-Known Member

Can you do this on a '15?

16. Demo Man

I know I can't do it on my 2012. I need to update but not sure how to get the 3.2 software update.

17. WiskyT

WiskyT Well-Known Member

I checked the menu and the first few steps seemed to be there. I'll set up a thumb drive as described and give it a shot and report back in a day or two.

Demo Man likes this.
  18. Demo Man

Thanks bro. That's a truck driver helping out another.

WiskyT likes this.
  19. 4X4Cajun

4X4Cajun Member

Full dedicated topic on this on Tacoma forum under 2nd gen