Starts rough cranks over and over

Tyler28

I have a 2019 Tacoma 3.5 v6 with 55k miles has the fuel pump recall already done but it’ll start rough probably couple times a week. It cranks over and over and then sputters and gets up to idle rpm. I’ve had it cycle through almost 2 start cycles of cranking before it has actually fired up. Once it’s running it don’t hesitate or sputter it runs great. Took it to the dealership they tested the fuel pressure and said everything is fine but they will replace the fuel pump again for free. Just wondering if any of you guys have had a similar issue this is frustrating especially with a newer truck..to me it sounds like it’s not getting fuel but the fuel pump has been replaced twice. Thanks in advance.

My 2020 3.5 has been fine but its still got under 20k miles. No issue with startup. Fires right up. I've always tried to use a top tier gas.

Using higher octane than an engine is designed for is a waste of money. Same is true for the fallacy of "top tier" gasoline. But, you can get gas that is contaminated from any source. Buch of questions but first, are you buying your gas from the same place every time? If so, try another station.

Assumig the dealer actually changed the pump the first time did they flush the tank? Did they bother to change the fuel filter? Did they actually change the filter if they said they did?

Always ask for your parts back if your state makes it madatory upon request.

Using higher octane than an engine is designed for is a waste of money. Same is true for the fallacy of "top tier" gasoline. But, you can get gas that is contaminated from any source. Buch of questions but first, are you buying your gas from the same place every time? If so, try another station.

Assumig the dealer actually changed the pump the first time did they flush the tank? Did they bother to change the fuel filter? Did they actually change the filter if they said they did?

Always ask for your parts back if your state makes it madatory upon request.
I've tried different fuel grades in my 3.5, supposedly been told on these engines that have variable ignition and valve timing they make a little more power, and get better fuel economy on premium gas. I noticed no difference at all except in my pocket.

I have a 2019 Tacoma 3.5 v6 with 55k miles has the fuel pump recall already done but it’ll start rough probably couple times a week. It cranks over and over and then sputters and gets up to idle rpm. I’ve had it cycle through almost 2 start cycles of cranking before it has actually fired up. Once it’s running it don’t hesitate or sputter it runs great. Took it to the dealership they tested the fuel pressure and said everything is fine but they will replace the fuel pump again for free. Just wondering if any of you guys have had a similar issue this is frustrating especially with a newer truck..to me it sounds like it’s not getting fuel but the fuel pump has been replaced twice. Thanks in advance.
If you're still having issues after 2nd fuel pump try some injector cleaner/upper cylinder lube. I use either Lucas or amsoil. I don't use either at the frequency they recommend, they recommend every tank full, I dump a bottle in whenever I think it's been awhile, probably every 3rd or 4th tank.

Alright
If you're still having issues after 2nd fuel pump try some injector cleaner/upper cylinder lube. I use either Lucas or amsoil. I don't use either at the frequency they recommend, they recommend every tank full, I dump a bottle in whenever I think it's been awhile, probably every 3rd or 4th tank.[/QUOTE
al
If you're still having issues after 2nd fuel pump try some injector cleaner/upper cylinder lube. I use either Lucas or amsoil. I don't use either at the frequency they recommend, they recommend every tank full, I dump a bottle in whenever I think it's been awhile, probably every 3rd or 4th tank.
I’ll try that see if it helps

Back