Stock cargo light?

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by James Temple, Dec 2, 2019.

1. James Temple

James Temple New Member

Hello everyone!

I am considering the 2020 Tacoma TRD off road with the optional led bed lights. Do you feel its worth it or does the stock cargo lights mounted where the high mount brake light suffices?

cantfind01 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Good ideA

4. dirtytaco

dirtytaco Well-Known Member

If you’re planning on running a shell or tonneau cover, then yes get them.

5. OP
    James Temple

James Temple New Member

Thank you! That is a valid point! So without a tonneau cover the stock cargo light does a good job illuminating the bed?

6. dirtytaco

dirtytaco Well-Known Member

IMG_3352.jpg

I turned off all the lights in the garage and it’s pitch black dark in there so you could see the stock cargo light. Of course I didn’t fully remove my bed cover but they do put out quite a bit of light.

Scott Wyman likes this.
  7. OP
    James Temple

James Temple New Member

You are awesome man! Thank you for the pic! This really helped decide not to pay extra for led lights!

Scott Wyman and dirtytaco like this.
  8. Dktacoma

Dktacoma Member

I added oem bed lights. Opt. Out of paying dealer. Totally worth it, Amazon oem kit for $78. IMG_0035.jpg IMG_0036.jpg

Scott Wyman likes this.