Stock speaker sizes in a 2013 dub cab

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by HellaNella420, Apr 30, 2013.

1. HellaNella420

HellaNella420 New Member

What are the stock speaker sizes in my 13 double cab? Cant be much diff than any other 2nd gen right? Wanna put components (bigger the better) in the front and whatever the stock size is in the back w/ coaxials.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

They are 6.5 front and rear. You can use a 6X9 or 6.5 for the front but only 6.5 in the rear. You will need adapters for whatever you use.
  4. HellaNella420

HellaNella420 New Member

If theyre 6 1/2" why do i need adaptors? Are they 6x8 or 6 3/4 then they make components in those sizes now (at least mb quart does).
  5. whippersnapper02

The speakers themselves have bracket built into them since they chamber they sit in is a bit bigger than a 6X9 speaker.
  6. HellaNella420

HellaNella420 New Member

Ahh i see. Nice to have options. 6 3/4 components sound awesome. Now to find out if the stock head has rca's.
  7. whippersnapper02

8. HellaNella420

HellaNella420 New Member

That was painless. Guess im just upgrading speakers then. Plus i just looked up a JL Stealthbox price and almost shat myself lol
  9. whippersnapper02

I wouldn't change the door speakers unless you were changing the head unit or amping the door speakers. You could end up making the sound worse.

Gotta love the audio game.
  10. Tacoma fan

Tacoma fan Member

one thing i wish that Toyota had done with the audio system in a 08 model access cab was give it an input jack so that you could plug in your i pod :whistling2: :sad:
  11. HellaNella420

HellaNella420 New Member

Maybe down the road I'll upgrade the whole thing. Could always use a JL cleansweep, but i've heard theyre overrated and overpriced.