Supercharger, worth it?

sayboo4

I'm in search of a 2012 or 2013 Tacoma TRD Sport double cab and have come across a couple with factory installed superchargers. I'm wondering what you guys think about this option? Is it worth the extra money? Do they have a lot of problems? Thanks in advance!

Is it worth it to you to spend about 4500 for 60hp and 60tq? What's sad is that all the bolts ons avaliable won't equal to that much gain. But don't kid yourself, the gain is nice but it won't be a race car after you spend the money. No problems with the kit. Bolt on, flash and go.

I don't have a blower but might have one soon. I have driven a Taco with a blower but I couldn't really see what it can do since it wasn't my truck.

Thanks for the info. I don't think it's something I'd ever add for such little gain. I am considering buying one with it already on there as I've come across a couple Tacos that are reasonably priced.

Last edited:
How about if you just do the exhaust and supercharger? I am mostly wanting to get rid of the whining from the engine at idle. I have a 6 cylinder, 4x4 TRD sport.

whippersnapper02

I was talking about how the engine sounds at startup, idling and turning off. Runs great, sounds really weak for a 6 cylinder.

It won't. The TRD exhaust is made to be mellow. Also the smog pump is closer than the tailpipe when you are sitting in the driver seat. I can't hear mine unless I'm on the throttle.

Hmmmm. It has to be super loud and annoying like every Harley owner especially while bumping music that no one wants to hear. Hmmmm. Any Chokemaster dumped ASAP should be perfect.:D

Back